PDA

View Full Version : Couple jailed and fined after making more than $600k from vice website

skyleon
10-01-2018, 09:15 AM
Published Jan 9, 2018, 4:33 pm SGT

Elena Chong

Court Correspondent

SINGAPORE - A married couple who made more than $600,000 from a website where vice operators could advertise sexual services were jailed and fined a total of $140,000 on Tuesday (Jan 9).

Liu Chin Guan, 36, was given 21 months and a $100,000 fine while his wife, Angela Lim Xiu Yan, 32, was sentenced to eight months and a $40,000 fine.

Liu had admitted 10 of 21 charges of abetment by intentionally aiding in living on 10 prostitutes' earnings between 2014 and 2016. Lim had pleaded guilty to four of 21 similar charges last November.

The court heard that sometime in 2011, Liu's uncle Sonny Liu engaged a web designer to set up a website to provide advertising services to vice syndicates to advertise the sexual services of their prostitutes.

Liu was asked to be a partner. Subsequently, when his uncle went missing, he became the only manager and operator of the website EZ141sg.com.

He actively advertised the website on various popular vice forums. Over time, more and more operators began advertising their prostitutes on the website. They were charged $300 a month, which they were directed to pay into a DBS Bank account.

An account and profile would be created for vice operators to upload banners, photographs and information such as the rates and profiles of the sex workers.

Lim helped to withdraw money from the DBS Bank account from the ATM, liaise with vice operators and upload banners.

Liu had offered $1,000 to a Thai national to open the account for him to hide his identity.

continue reading here : http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/courts-crime/couple-jailed-and-fined-after-making-more-than-600k-from-vice-website

Sandra95
10-01-2018, 09:45 AM
Very lucrative business, but the way they operated it was so easily traceable.

MassageExpert84
10-01-2018, 10:49 AM
any idea which website is it?

yamashikata
10-01-2018, 11:46 AM
any idea which website is it?

Liu was asked to be a partner. Subsequently, when his uncle went missing, he became the only manager and operator of the website EZ141sg.com.

Please read carefully. :rolleyes:

draven78eric
10-01-2018, 12:18 PM
If they want you down, means they want you down.
By playing with words, they are actually living off the actual vice operators which are their main customers and they are just an platform and not living off the pros directly.
If this what the Prosecutor charging, then Backpage aka Cracker and many other platform is also an offence. Even this SBF site too.
if the trail of money is connected and still consider wrong and is consider earning from pros, well, i think the WP can use this to shoot the PAP in the Parliment regarding the KOM case liao..

dingobat
10-01-2018, 09:01 PM
21 months is pretty light imo. If there was an offer of 300k and and the consequences is 21 months jail, I think many sinkies will bite.

yamashikata
10-01-2018, 09:03 PM
21 months is pretty light imo. If there was an offer of 300k and and the consequences is 21 months jail, I think many sinkies will bite.

21 months still got 30% discount so actually only 15 months ?

I will definately bite. Any bros here wan sponsor me set up website ? PM me

I Love Boobs
10-01-2018, 09:32 PM
The couple are good people and have contributed greatly to the male Singaporean population.
These kind of Singaporeans we should be having, gao cho seng li.
Can think with their brains and innovate!

conquer
10-01-2018, 11:20 PM
What is the fucking point to put them in jail? The website is still fucking available... :o

The authorities make themselves look like a bunch of fucking idiots by telling the public that the operators have been caught however the website is still accessible.

conquer
10-01-2018, 11:26 PM

It is ridiculous to punish only the OKTs while the actual persons who are supporting the business are the costumers. :p

sionglim
12-01-2018, 01:41 AM
Hope their family is ok..

sionglim
12-01-2018, 01:44 AM
It is ridiculous to punish only the OKTs while the actual persons who are supporting the business are the costumers. :p
He not okt, he provide website for okt

conquer
12-01-2018, 09:53 PM

Whatever... the laws punish the chickens, the OKTs, the advertisers, the landlords... but they let go the costumers, which is something the lawmakers really have to reconsider as they are the persons who contribute billions and billions of dollars every year to survive the business. :o

jaguarbkk
13-01-2018, 10:18 AM

Still an offence for associating with OKTs.

If blue men dunn need you, you are gone. Thats how it works.

sionglim
15-01-2018, 01:27 AM
After reading sbf this thread, the website block oredi

sionglim
15-01-2018, 01:27 AM
What is the fucking point to put them in jail? The website is still fucking available... :o

The authorities make themselves look like a bunch of fucking idiots by telling the public that the operators have been caught however the website is still accessible.

After u say, its block oredi

conquer
15-01-2018, 07:05 AM
After u say, its block oredi

No, it's not me. I think it's the chief editor of ST who requested MDA to block the website for his mistake of accidentally sharing such a dirty website in the newspaper. :o