PDA

View Full Version : Liverpool Fc @ Anfield - Reds Supporters Gatherings

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156

terror03
08-11-2010, 09:12 PM
A very great victory over Chelsea...hope this can continue on for the next few games...

lacoruna69
08-11-2010, 09:55 PM
Consistency.......Liverpool got great players.....but lacks consistency.

4 straight wins.....can Pool maintain?

Next up is Wigan....boogie team.

procodin1
08-11-2010, 10:29 PM
Hope againest wigan they will play like a team like they did againest chelsea.most of the time if gerrad dissappear and torres sulking.we are not going anywhere.hopefully they can turn it around next game n play with the same intensity again!:DYNWA

rahl
08-11-2010, 11:42 PM
I must admit kelly did well but will we see the last of him? Sadly enough, we will. RH will put glenn once he is back and if you all noticed, he seldom change his lineup once they hit some kind of form unless his hand is forced due to europa or injuries.

Kelly can also play on the left, which is our problem area. Someone has also suggested Kelly at rightback and Glen higher up like Gareth Bale, but this will mean Kuyt will be moved centrally.

Anyway Kuyt played more centrally didn't he against Chelsea with Raul M on the right? We did well with that so that might be an option with Glen on the right wing.

Ninja_Assassin
09-11-2010, 01:17 AM
Pacheco is out on loan right?

Pacheco still training with Liverpool. Let's get to the hierachy of the players.

There is the 1st Team, then the Reserves, followed by the U18s.

Players step up into the 1st team from the Reserves, U18s step up into the Reserves. Very rarely does an U18 player go directly into the 1st team.

Pacheco is currently in the U18 squad so he have to get himself into the Reserves first in order to be picked for the 1st team.

Be patient with him, he will come through the ranks and have his day eventually. :p

rahl
09-11-2010, 10:24 AM
Pacheco still training with Liverpool. Let's get to the hierachy of the players.

Which doesn't answer the question right, bro? If Pacheco is good enough, and many of us think so, he should be in the first team regardless of the structure, which is meant to help players, not constrain them. ;)

niteowl
09-11-2010, 10:40 AM
Which doesn't answer the question right, bro? If Pacheco is good enough, and many of us think so, he should be in the first team regardless of the structure, which is meant to help players, not constrain them. ;)

John McMahon has revealed Roy Hodgson's first-team plan for starlet Dani Pacheco.

The Spanish ace is regarded as one of the most talented youngsters in Europe after rising to prominence in a withdrawn striking role.

However, this season he has been deployed more regularly on the right-side of midfield, a switch that McMahon feels can boost the No.12's claims for more first-team involvement.

"The boss (Roy Hodgson) is keen on him," he told Liverpoolfc.tv.

"He sees Dani filling those wide roles, so when he plays for the reserves he occupies those positions and learns to adapt and play in them.

"It's good for his development to learn several roles and it will only benefit him, especially if he's required to do a job for the first-team."

Xgenre
09-11-2010, 11:06 AM

There is the 1st Team, then the Reserves, followed by the U18s.

Players step up into the 1st team from the Reserves, U18s step up into the Reserves. Very rarely does an U18 player go directly into the 1st team.

Thanks for the info. I made a mistake on Pacheco being loaned out. I guess the last U18 player to move directly into the 1st team is Owen? Maybe Fowler before him too. Our problem seem to be that our U18 players do move onto the reserves but get sold before they can make it to the first team. Look at our Youth FA cup winning team. Our last local lad to make it as a professional is Warnock right? Anyone else after him?

bochapsing
09-11-2010, 03:22 PM
Pacheco is currently in the U18 squad so he have to get himself into the Reserves first in order to be picked for the 1st team.

pacheco has been a regular in reserve fixture since last season....

John McMahon has revealed Roy Hodgson's first-team plan for starlet Dani Pacheco.

"He sees Dani filling those wide roles, so when he plays for the reserves he occupies those positions and learns to adapt and play in them.

pacheco was playing on the LEFT during this yr euro u-19 tourement where spain came 2nd to mavinga's (a LEFT BACK!!!) france...
hrmm..
LW / LM & LB... look like these 2 young propects r playing in our "problematic" positions... hope to see more of them, thou mavinga might be left in cold after he spoke out agst RH abt foreign young players r not given a chance (imho it's true lor)...

blurking666
09-11-2010, 03:37 PM
Thanks for the info. I made a mistake on Pacheco being loaned out. I guess the last U18 player to move directly into the 1st team is Owen? Maybe Fowler before him too.

You forgot captain marvel, Stevie G. Think Houllier threw him into the first team when Stevie was only 18.

rahl
10-11-2010, 12:10 AM

Bro that's just spin from the club - it's hardly a revelation, just another way of saying he's not good enough for the first team.

beck7777
11-11-2010, 05:48 AM
Fustrating! Very fustrating!
Especially when most team above us fail to grab max points..

After all the good work done for the past few games, it took Wigan to expose us and RH again..

We took the lead so early, instead of building on it, we sit deeper and deeper and allow Wigan to keep attack us..

Nevermind, 2nd half still wanna continue the pussy way..
Worse, 1-1 and we got more pussy, as if playing for a draw!

WTF! Why are we back to "Fulham" days when the game is there for the taking?! :mad:

When we need a goal, we sub Kyut out with Poulsen!! WTF somemore!!!

And when ever the camera zoom into RH, all I see is him sitting down there like a dumb idiot.. And when he finally stood up and spoke at the last mintue, all he shouted was come on come on..

Wow, really great motivation from him.. :rolleyes:

Despite all the good results recently, I still strongly feel we need a new manager.. Please ask John.W Henry to save the $$ this Jan for the new manager...

Will someone please ask RH to go...

Offspring
11-11-2010, 08:31 AM
Fustrating! Very fustrating!
Especially when most team above us fail to grab max points..

After all the good work done for the past few games, it took Wigan to expose us and RH again..

We took the lead so early, instead of building on it, we sit deeper and deeper and allow Wigan to keep attack us..

Nevermind, 2nd half still wanna continue the pussy way..
Worse, 1-1 and we got more pussy, as if playing for a draw!

WTF! Why are we back to "Fulham" days when the game is there for the taking?! :mad:

And when ever the camera zoom into RH, all I see is him sitting down there like a dumb idiot.. And when he finally stood up and spoke at the last mintue, all he shouted was come on come on..

Wow, really great motivation from him.. :rolleyes:

Despite all the good results recently, I still strongly feel we need a new manager.. Please ask John.W Henry to save the $$ this Jan for the new manager...

Wah. Lucky never wake up to watch. 2 points down the drain. Two other matches to gain maximum points before the hard one with spurs.

rahl
11-11-2010, 08:45 AM
Fustrating! After all the good work done for the past few games, it took Wigan to expose us and RH again..

Relax bro, I'm just as frustrated. First 10 mins, I was thinking, wah I have never seen us pass this way (it was truly good and the best I have seen this season to be honest). Then we gave the initiative away.

The substitution did work to be fair - Kuyt had faded (2 games in 3 days and coming back from a layoff). Stevie moved up with Torres and they created some good chances between themselves near the end.

I applaud Roy for playing youngsters Shelvey and Eccleston but they were not the players to win us the game.

It was a poor performance and we were lucky to get a point. Have more work to do.

GeMiNiZzzzZzz
11-11-2010, 10:30 AM
I guess about this scoreline after the win against Chelsea.

Isn't that the case when we win one big team and perform below par the nxt these few seasons.

Wat positive u see from this match ? Seriously I do not see any positiveness even from the last game except for the 2 'only' attacks at Anfield.

A big club like us cannot b managed by a mid-level manager.

Support a club not blindly and giving so many excuses when there are only 38 games on the table..:rolleyes:

sex crusader
11-11-2010, 12:40 PM
Well said...well said! Just like Lucas the referre...just because he got a few good games under his belt and suddenly all the comments was like 'he was the saviour of this club":rolleyes: Hope we can bounce back the next game. YNWA..cheers!:)

Offspring
11-11-2010, 12:51 PM
Next 2 against stoke and west ham. Have to and must have the 6 points. If not RH will use injuries as an excuse. Frankly, I'm getting sick and tired of his crap press interviews.

too_hot
11-11-2010, 01:26 PM
Towards the end, SG had a great chance but hit the cross bar :(

beck7777
11-11-2010, 02:26 PM
Relax bro, I'm just as frustrated. First 10 mins, I was thinking, wah I have never seen us pass this way (it was truly good and the best I have seen this season to be honest). Then we gave the initiative away.

The substitution did work to be fair - Kuyt had faded (2 games in 3 days and coming back from a layoff). Stevie moved up with Torres and they created some good chances between themselves near the end.

I applaud Roy for playing youngsters Shelvey and Eccleston but they were not the players to win us the game.

It was a poor performance and we were lucky to get a point. Have more work to do.

Well, I understand the part why Kuyt is sub but not by Poulsen..
The game can be still won and we should be abit more adventurous and try to win it..

As for the youngster, yes is good to see them getting a chance but when at 1-1?

I thought youngster were given a chance when we are leading by 2 goals or something..

Yes we are damn lucky to draw.. Given the chance Wigan created, had they got a good striker, we would have lost like 4-1.. No joke.. :(

niteowl
11-11-2010, 02:48 PM
Liverpool drawn against Wigan in 2008/09, lost in 2009/10 at DW Stadium. Quite fortunate to get a point. Wigan lost at home this season to Blackpool (0-4), Chelski (0-6) and Man City (0-2). Ironically we only beat Chelski last weekend at Anfield.

Stoke lost at home this season against Tottenham and Manure both 1-2 and had already won Aston Villa, Fulham, Blackburn and Birmingham at Britannia Stadium who are not strong at away fixtures.

So, do not be optimistic about this week against Stoke as Liverpool away form is not that good and playing the 3rd games in a week.

As the saying goes more optimistic, more disappointment:rolleyes:

rahl
11-11-2010, 03:28 PM
Well, I understand the part why Kuyt is sub but not by Poulsen..
The game can be still won and we should be abit more adventurous and try to win it..

Poulsen didn't do anything wrong last night to be fair; in fact, I would have preferred Ngog to come on and was surprised to see Eccleston instead.

We do have one plus point - Torres back on form.

bochapsing
11-11-2010, 05:13 PM

i think we've given enuf chances to tis old man... time to go, pls...

"We didn't deserve to win the game," he told his post-match press conference.

"We looked tired today and I don't think our passing was anywhere near as good as we expected it to be. We had a bright start and a bright finish but for a long period in between we weren't anywhere near where I would expect us to be. I think we can be more than happy with the point we got from the game....

but it would have been harsh on Wigan had we won it."

"I'd put that down to Napoli, Blackburn, Bolton and Chelsea - all with a small squad of players.

stop blaming the size of the squad, uncle... and stop moaning abt need to buy more players in jan... look at players u bought:
poulsen - enuf said...
konchesky - i din watch the match, but from the match reports, most of wigan attacks came from our left....

and lastly, pls stop thinking of u r still managing fulham.... we're LIVERPOOL!!!! we r not satisfied with going away with a DRAW against Wigan, even it's at thier home....

"it would has been harsh on Wigan had we won it"..???!!!! r these words coming out from OUR manager?!!! WTF..!!!!

no wonder RH was voted Manager of the Year last season by his fellow managers.... who won't like tis type of manager for ur rival team...!!!!

bochapsing
11-11-2010, 05:21 PM
as Liverpool away form is not that good

RH's target - a point from any away match is a GOOD result.. 3 pts will be a bonus..

look at his tactic in away match, he is playing for 1 pt...

when we lead 1-0 last nite, we sit back and hopefully can defend the 1 goal lead (then it'll be a bonus win)...

when they equalised, he put in a DM for Kyut and hope tat we can get away with the 1 pt (which is his target)...

tat's why he's call a "mid-table manager"..!!!!

beck7777
11-11-2010, 06:10 PM
RH's target - a point from any away match is a GOOD result.. 3 pts will be a bonus..

look at his tactic in away match, he is playing for 1 pt...

when we lead 1-0 last nite, we sit back and hopefully can defend the 1 goal lead (then it'll be a bonus win)...

when they equalised, he put in a DM for Kyut and hope tat we can get away with the 1 pt (which is his target)...

tat's why he's call a "mid-table manager"..!!!!

That's right!
He dont have the mentality to lead a big club..
He can't stop thinking we are Fulham!
Look at his track record at Inter and says it all... :rolleyes:

His comment after the game truly sucks..
I dont even care if it is harsh on Wigan had we won!
But it sure is harsh and fxxk up that we didnt win!

Go RH, just go! :mad:

GeMiNiZzzzZzz
11-11-2010, 06:52 PM
Unforunately the owners are still not familiar with this sport.

If it were other owners, RH would have been long gone if this is the tactic and results he is getting if he is managing any of the top 4 club.

He is bringing the best out of average players like Lucas but demoralizing effects on our top players.

That's wat we call mid-table managers.

Pankunchi
11-11-2010, 10:42 PM
i think he will probably want to play it safe during his first season as also there is not much fund available for him.
this season,if the Reds can finish high enough to qualify for Europe for next seaon,i think it is good enough.

rahl
12-11-2010, 12:05 AM
konchesky - i din watch the match, but from the match reports, most of wigan attacks came from our left....

This I agree - Konchesky has been weak on the left. When GJ returns, I would like to see Kelly move to the left (or Aurelio even).

Bro, that's not right. You watched the match? Kuyt was definitely not linking up with Torres by then. We did play better after Poulsen came on and Stevie went up to support Torres. Poulsen I agree has been poor in many matches but he didn't do anything wrong against Wigan.

You're a smart fella, bro, but don't let your anger against RH cloud your judgement, unlike some of the opportunists in this thread.

bochapsing
12-11-2010, 06:36 PM
i think he will probably want to play it safe during his first season as also there is not much fund available for him.
this season,if the Reds can finish high enough to qualify for Europe for next seaon,i think it is good enough.

wat worried us is tat if RH stays, we may lose some of our top players (which already not many) and promising young players, whether we qualify for europe or not....

by tat time, we'll have to start rebuilding from ZERO again, just like wat happened after souness era and we took so many years to become a force again...

now we just dun want to see our team back to those days again...

beck7777
12-11-2010, 07:13 PM
wat worried us is tat if RH stays, we may lose some of our top players (which already not many) and promising young players, whether we qualify for europe or not....

by tat time, we'll have to start rebuilding from ZERO again, just like wat happened after souness era and we took so many years to become a force again...

now we just dun want to see our team back to those days again...

Agreed.

RH will bring us nowhere..

He cant make us better and he wont bring in kids..

He had no choice now as we are thin on backups..
As soon as we hit Jan, he will spend on older and more established players to save his ass as he dont have time..
Given his transfer record, mainly Poulsen and Konchesky, we better dont expect too much..
Anyway, given his reputation, not much big players give him too much thoughts..

I rather we waste a bit more $$ to terminate him, replace a solid and long term manager and use the tansfer kitty to better use..

NZL97
13-11-2010, 12:01 PM
my problem with RH is that he still dont have the ability to motivate his troops when they are not playing well, as evident in the game against wigan. we were terribly outplayed by wigan and in the second half still can bring in youngster like shelvey & ecclestone which doesnt contribute anything to the game, so why bother bringing them on??? wigan also play 2 games in 3 days like us but why were they more energised then us, look at how charles n zogbia & that striker rodellago play in that game and look at gerrard & torres and you can see who is more motivated and i put this factor down to the manager.

why he keep ignoring attacking minded players like babel & jovanovic is something i cannot understand unles they are injured. given that the squad is thin, are these 2 seasoned internationals worse off than shelvey, spearing or ecclestone?????????

pls get rid of him in Jan............NESV...........pls

joew2005
13-11-2010, 05:12 PM
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/columns/story?id=840944&sec=england&root=england&cc=4716

Kelvin Keegan said Reds need to make a statement in January

Although Kevin Keegan is consider 2 be 1 of English football's most respected figures, but wat the Reds need is quality signings,not expensive signings.

He himself was quite successful as a player, but as a manager he doesn't hv any major honours 2 shout abt.

Lone_Wolf
14-11-2010, 02:53 AM
The old Liverpool is back..... their 1st half performance were terrible.
Hope the 2nd half can see some improved performance. :mad:

beck7777
14-11-2010, 03:25 AM
Wrote these even before the game is over..

Before the usual RH shit, let's give credit to Stoke.
They made things so difficult, closing us down, strong and determind,
the opposite of us.

We were clueless in the 1st half.. I think we only managed a shot..
We hardly attacked, much alike the game at Wigan..

Most of 2nd half is the same..

We did showed more urgency after going down but somehow, it just appeared that we wont score..

Ngog and Babel early appearance was quite a nice surprise..
Babel took 2 mintues only to have a shot while the whole team took 60mintue to do so..

Back to Roy Hodshit..

It seems like we are back to the late Houllier days..
Just as we thought the corner is turned, it was actually just paper covering the cracks..

The last few wins, other than the 1st half vs Chelski and much of Blackburn, lets all be honest, were lucky and not playing well..

Stoke is a tough place to go and everyone knows...
Kinda like Fulham under Hodshit and that should be more to his advantage, knowing how to set the team, how to defend and break down Stoke..
We showed neither...

All I saw was Hudshit shouting push up, which kinda remind me of my sunday morning team, when down, only know try to push up and attack but no ideas at all...

We are crap, most of the players are not performing, especially when playing away..
We dont have a manager to guide and motivate..

Look, we didnt lose to Stoke like for dunno how long..
Even Rafa dont come to Stoke and lose like pussy...

John W Henry is not a football fan yet but he is a smart business man..
He should know how important managers are to a company, likewise to a club..

The only transfer I am looking for this Jan is the signing of a new manager...

terror03
14-11-2010, 03:29 AM
I cun believe what I am seeing, Liverpool is playing awful.
Passing was terrible & players seems not in the mood to play today.
It hurts when I see my beloved club playing this way....:(:(

rahl
14-11-2010, 03:50 AM
I can't defend RH after this performance. Never mind we lost th game but the team failing to respond today after being outplayed by Wigan is just completely unacceptable for Liverpool.

Pls, take out Konchesky and put Kelly on the left pls. He failed to clear the ball which led to the first goal, was given the run around by Jones in the first half, completely missed a ball in the second, and then ballooned a free kick late in the game (why Stevie left the ball to him I can't understand).

:mad:

NZL97
14-11-2010, 11:39 AM
stoke went in with a game plan, which is long balls and delap's long throw in liverpool penalty box to create chaos, of which they scored a goal............:(

but what i want to ask RH is, what is our game plan????? absorb pressure & play on the break???? please......we are playing wigan & stoke and were completely outplayed by them.......players were listless & unmotivated to perform.........when RH brought in ngog & babel, we were attacking stoke but why can't we play like these right from the beginning????????

we are always on the defensive against all these so-called mid table teams and frankly, rafa benitez would haved played exactly the same last nite but i would never expect RH to be an exact clone of rafa.............:mad:

RH look lost last nite............like one bro mentioned.........it really hurts to see the reds performed like these.............we need a brave manager that is willing to take risks & apply some sensible tactical acumen.........hope that manager will come in sooner rather than later.

niteowl
14-11-2010, 12:51 PM
If you had watch the last few matches, I think they can play well when the boss Henry and his wife is around at the home ground or maybe from the 12th men. But once away from Anfield, can't keep possession, no game plan and worst defence can't clear in the box or out-run by opponents. Against Wigan some were complaining about 1 point Liverpool had, but now not even 1 point gain at Stoke:rolleyes: The things won is the number of yellow & red cards more than Stoke.

The game this morning reminds me of Sillypore playing against India in the Asian games.

As I said earlier, more hope also more disappointment.

bochapsing
14-11-2010, 12:54 PM
the whole world knows wat's stoke game is all abt...
and RH's game plan? to bring back soto and pray hard tat he will win all the high balls? or to pick SG & FT plus 8 more out field players then pray tat either SG or FT would save the team?

we'd being outplayed by 2 "mid-table teams" (sadly, or unfortunately, we're being considered one currently), which is really unacceptable, no matter wat reason he gave, fatigue, thin squad, unlucky, watever....
seems tat not only he is clueless or negative or defensive, it looks like he has not won the respect of the players and make them listen to him...

we've been suffering for years under those 2 owners, then it's the manager's turn... we've settled our owner problem, somebody pls solved our manager problem now.... and fast, plssss.......!!!! we need a manager with x-factor who all our players will listen to and be motivated by....

and pls dun give him chance till jan to waste more money on players like konchesky or poulsen....!!!!

sorry for such a rant.... just couldn;'t stand such a lousy feeling.... :mad::mad::mad:

Offspring
14-11-2010, 03:01 PM
I watched the match and I'm still lost for words. Anger. Disappointment.

As much as the team is to be blamed, RH should take a big part of it too.

beck7777
14-11-2010, 09:22 PM
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=841888&sec=england&cc=4716

Now him blame the fans for getting at him...
Guess he dunno us well..

We are usually patient and give manager time but we are also not stupid when we see something is bad or you are simply not enough..

Instead of waking up his idea, he went on to criticise Glenn Johnson whom we didnt see playing for dunno how long...
And again, he become a pussy and have to apologise..

This show he is character is weak, player wont respect such manager..

Just go Roy, you know you are not welcome and please, you know you are simply not good enough so please shut your trap as well..

PS, with John W Henry a twitter fan, I am damn sure he see all the comments we have on Roy HudSHIT..

I am sure he will do something about it..

Alkano
14-11-2010, 10:02 PM
RH is not Pool or Big team quality....:mad:
If he has proven himself, why shld he care abt the chant !!???
He is lost and got no game plan to stop the Rot !!!
They shld sack RH and put in Daglish till end of the season.

SCB2011
15-11-2010, 01:42 AM
I watched the match and I'm still lost for words. Anger. Disappointment.

As much as the team is to be blamed, RH should take a big part of it too.

There is turmoil in the dressing room.
That is why the boys were half hearted in the game.
They were upset after RH let it go at Glen Johnson.
The team in now split into pro-RH and against RH.
Hope John Henry can resolve this matter before the team disintegrates. :rolleyes:

SCB2011
15-11-2010, 01:50 AM
Donch know if I should post this here.

A new colleague who was recently transferred from the UK branch to Singapore knows RH's family well as he used to be RH relative's financial advisor. He claims that RH prides himself on his aristocratic roots and is racist.

Maybe that explains why he is biased against Babel, Johnson and the other coloured players. Taking a look back at his previous teams, I noticed he does not have coloured players in them too. :confused:

beck7777
15-11-2010, 02:38 AM
Hope John Henry can resolve this matter before the team disintegrates.

Hate your avatar bro! :p:D

rahl
15-11-2010, 09:07 AM
Maybe that explains why he is biased against Babel, Johnson and the other coloured players. Taking a look back at his previous teams, I noticed he does not have coloured players in them too. :confused:

Zamora, Ngog?

Having said that, I thought his critique of Johnson was disappointing. Glen has not performed worse than other players in the team and I'd be pissed if I were him, chosen for 'special mention' by the manager.

too_hot
15-11-2010, 10:35 AM
seems like pool only motivated to play big club like chelsea. when play against small club, CMI. But then again, sunderland can thrash chelsea 3-0...wads happening this season? man u also super lucky to escape with draw.

NZL97
15-11-2010, 12:49 PM
seems like pool only motivated to play big club like chelsea. when play against small club, CMI. But then again, sunderland can thrash chelsea 3-0...wads happening this season? man u also super lucky to escape with draw.

the results is one thing but the performance is another thing, if the reds had played well and lost, we would bemoan as unlucky and we know good results will follow if we continue toi play well but the team now juz seems uninterested to even challenge hard for a ball.........so disappointing that against mid/lower table teams, we were just prepared to sit back and play for a draw.............:mad:

RH have to be responsible for all these..........:(

SG Obama
15-11-2010, 03:01 PM
actually RH was quite right to mention that Glen Johnson cannot perform. i did watch him play a couple of matches this season and he did made defensive errors which costed the team. didnt really see much of him after the new Americans are in. Technically, RH is just a spokesman for the team, and i would rather think that his assistants and backend team are at fault as well. Reina is still lousy at set-pieces and Stoke is capable of exposing that with their infamous long throw-ins

beck7777
15-11-2010, 08:41 PM
actually RH was quite right to mention that Glen Johnson cannot perform. i did watch him play a couple of matches this season and he did made defensive errors which costed the team. didnt really see much of him after the new Americans are in. Technically, RH is just a spokesman for the team, and i would rather think that his assistants and backend team are at fault as well. Reina is still lousy at set-pieces and Stoke is capable of exposing that with their infamous long throw-ins

I not saying Glen Johnson is doing a fantastic job but dont mention it when the player has been out for 7-8 games..
It not only look bad on the manager, it seems he is just trying to deflect the heat that is burning him..

Anyway, nice article here...

http://anfieldred.co.uk/stability-you-claimed-hodgson-would-bring-anfield/1844?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+anfieldred+%28AnfieldRed+-+Kopites+unite+-+Liverpool+FC+News+and+discussion+-+Have+your+say%29

Love the last sentence: If this is what stability and steadying the ship means, then throw me overboard and put me out of my misery.

beck7777
15-11-2010, 11:48 PM
More reason why Roy Hud-fxxking-shit-son must go...:mad:

http://tomkinstimes.com/2010/11/third-world-football-13rd-season-review/

rahl
16-11-2010, 12:10 AM
the results is one thing but the performance is another thing, if the reds had played well and lost, we would bemoan as unlucky and we know good results will follow if we continue toi play well but the team now juz seems uninterested to even challenge hard for a ball.........so disappointing that against mid/lower table teams, we were just prepared to sit back and play for a draw.............:mad:

RH have to be responsible for all these..........:(

Agreed. But I won't say we were prepared to sit back - that would be too generous - you can see against Stoke, Wigan and the allegedly lesser teams, we were no less than outplayed and outrun.

In many cases like this, attack is the best form of defence. It shows we have no idea how to attack other than waiting for Torres to get a good ball from Stevie.

owen10
16-11-2010, 12:56 AM
it's the same old unexplainable strange disease of inconsistency which have struck us over the past decade. why can't we play more consistently and with more heart like the likes of Sunderland, Newcastle, West Brom etc? Sunderland last nite was a good example. they may not be a fanciful team but if every player puts in 101% they can achieve the results.

The MilkMan
16-11-2010, 03:24 AM
look like we are back to the drawing board again.
a very disappointed result.

rahl
16-11-2010, 10:05 AM
it's the same old unexplainable strange disease of inconsistency which have struck us over the past decade. why can't we play more consistently and with more heart like the likes of Sunderland, Newcastle, West Brom etc? Sunderland last nite was a good example. they may not be a fanciful team but if every player puts in 101% they can achieve the results.

This is like generalising from one example. Newcastle and West Brom have been relegated in recent reasons; see where Sunderland have finished too for all the money they have spent. Consistency indeed!

rahl
16-11-2010, 10:06 AM
This fella looks interesting and hope he can bring some world class players to the club. Our 10-20m buys in recent seasons have been very disappointing.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=842966&sec=england&cc=4716

Frankiestine
16-11-2010, 01:43 PM
Never liked RH, never could understand why the hell he was chosen or has the club degenerate to the point that even a mid table manager is all they can find. He just does not possess that aura of a manager capable of leading a top side team.

bochapsing
16-11-2010, 04:41 PM
Asked if the singing of Dalglish's name disappointed him, Hodgson said: "I suppose it does. That seems like it is going to be part of life at Liverpool.

"I think we are trying to do the best job we can in the circumstances and I don't know that that type of singing helps anyone."

"Fans make their frustrations felt every time we lose, but unfortunately they may have to do that a few more times, because I can't see us going through a season winning every game."

"I'm a 38-to-55-game-a-season man and I make my judgment over that period."

RH is getting more hated with every interview he gives....

why can't he stop giving stupid interview which make a fool out of himself, and get on with his job
[I](and enjoy the opportunity to boast tat he's the Manager of the Greatest Club while he can, which i hope it wont last too long)...

bochapsing
16-11-2010, 04:45 PM
But Henry does not appear keen to part company with Hodgson, who was only appointed in the summer by the club's previous regime.
"This club can be better and blaming the manager or any one particular player is simply wrong," the American said.
"This club needs to play up to their potential every match. If they don't, they won't win."
Henry also dropped a hint that the club will wait until next summer to invest in the squad.

hope he's not serious......!!!!!

to look at it positively is tat luckily RH is not going to waste more $$ during jan IF he is still around...

tuyet
16-11-2010, 05:37 PM
it's the same old unexplainable strange disease of inconsistency which have struck us over the past decade. .

Consistency indeed!

That, my fellow bros, is typical of our Reds....consistantly inconsistent. :p

Frankiestine
16-11-2010, 07:53 PM
[I][COLOR="Blue"] I can't see us going through a season winning every game."

Omg by this very statement proves that he is just a mid table or worse lower division manager....how much confidence are the players going to get after hearing such a statement...:mad::mad:

rahl
17-11-2010, 12:57 AM
food for thought: who will be sacked first - Roy, Rafa or Houllier?

bochapsing
17-11-2010, 01:28 AM
food for thought: who will be sacked first - Roy, Rafa or Houllier?

roy-rafa-houllier....
i hope...
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

no no
17-11-2010, 01:27 PM
This fella looks interesting and hope he can bring some world class players to the club. Our 10-20m buys in recent seasons have been very disappointing.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=842966&sec=england&cc=4716

first got to get RH to go if not what is the point of bring new player where the club got a no clue manager

Ninja_Assassin
17-11-2010, 02:42 PM
first got to get RH to go if not what is the point of bring new player where the club got a no clue manager

I agree oso but John Henry is a businessman after all so do you think he will be willing to pay the compensation package to RH if he sacks him?
Not cheap leh.... around $3 million if he is asked to go this season...... will be cheaper next season though @ $1 million only.

bochapsing
18-11-2010, 07:02 PM
http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/gerrard-limps-off-for-england

one of our key players injured himself during some meaningless friendly international games AGAIN...??!!!

why didn't our players down with some "mysterious" injury or illness to withdraw themselves from these meaningless call up??!!
or when can our club learn to withdraw players from such matches??!!
can our club stop always playing the good guy??!!

Offspring
18-11-2010, 11:53 PM
no thanks to that cunt capello. Our captain is out. :mad:

bochapsing
19-11-2010, 12:06 AM
the club cannot be too nice, need to protect our players...

look at our rivals, it's common tat they pull out their players, citing some injury but back playing in epl the very weekend...

while our players esp torres and now gerrard always come back from international games injured...

when it rains, it pours.... :mad::mad::mad:

rahl
19-11-2010, 12:31 AM
the club cannot be too nice, need to protect our players...

Can we ask for 10m in compensation from the FA!

But look, this is also a result of our financial situation, which has seen us depend excessively on 2 players.

Can Maxi and Cole pls step up!

bochapsing
19-11-2010, 12:36 AM
Can we ask for 10m in compensation from the FA!!

10 POINTS will be better.... haha...

:D:D:D

rahl
19-11-2010, 01:26 AM
10 POINTS will be better.... haha...

:D:D:D

Yah man that will be a steal given our form!

Offspring
19-11-2010, 09:02 AM
Can we ask for 10m in compensation from the FA!

But look, this is also a result of our financial situation, which has seen us depend excessively on 2 players.

Can Maxi and Cole pls step up!

Cole still injured with that hamstring? If yes then i think lucas and raul will be the 2 midfielders.

Kyut is also out. So i guess aurelio will be on the left and maxi on right.

Torres and ngog will be front 2. Given this is a home game, i wont be surprise to see a basic 4-4-2.

rahl
19-11-2010, 05:10 PM
Cole still injured with that hamstring? If yes then i think lucas and raul will be the 2 midfielders.

Kyut is also out. So i guess aurelio will be on the left and maxi on right.

Torres and ngog will be front 2. Given this is a home game, i wont be surprise to see a basic 4-4-2.

Ya I found out that Cole is still on his way back and Lucas is suspended.

Torres and Ngog must play. Let loose either of Babel or Milan on the flanks. We gotta win this one.

bochapsing
19-11-2010, 05:27 PM
hmm.. let me guess RH's lineup....
riena
carragher-skrtl-soto-konchesky
poulsen-merieles
maxi-kyut(think he's fit)-aurelio
torres

asspanker
19-11-2010, 05:41 PM
hmm.. let me guess RH's lineup....
riena
carragher-skrtl-soto-konchesky
poulsen-merieles
maxi-kyut(think he's fit)-aurelio
torres

& if all goes to plan 0-0... then he will swap lucas for YOU-GUESSED-IT.. ..

Ngog & go 4-4-2.... :rolleyes:

SCB2011
19-11-2010, 08:34 PM
& if all goes to plan 0-0... then he will swap lucas for YOU-GUESSED-IT.. ..

Ngog & go 4-4-2.... :rolleyes:

Lucas cannot play this game lah..... he is suspended. :rolleyes:

Good news is Kuyt, Johnson, Skrtel and Torres has been passed by the medical board as available for this game. :p

rahl
20-11-2010, 12:00 AM
Good news is Kuyt, Johnson, Skrtel and Torres has been passed by the medical board as available for this game. :p

What kind of monster is Kuyt?? ;)

Damn only got half a million quid from FA.

Offspring
20-11-2010, 12:53 AM

indestructible. :p

bochapsing
20-11-2010, 01:52 PM

hope he's pushed further up to support torres rather than playing on the right midfield...

compensation from insurance bought by the FA, just to cover the wages of the players during his injury... :mad:

rahl
20-11-2010, 08:27 PM
hope he's pushed further up to support torres rather than playing on the right midfield...

Kuyt has played several times up front in the middle with Torres so to be expected.

Maybe Glen this time in right midfield and Raul in the middle?

bochapsing
21-11-2010, 01:15 AM
The team in full is: Reina, Konchesky, Johnson, Carragher, Skrtel , Poulsen, Meireles, Maxi, Kuyt, Ngog, Torres.

Subs: Jones, Eccleston, Kyrgiakos, Aurelio, Shelvey, Kelly, Babel.

rahl
21-11-2010, 01:20 AM
Well I'd rather Kelly and Aurelio to be the full backs but otherwise no complaints. We have 3 strikers in there, so no excuse if we can't get a couple of goals.

Elsewhere, Chelsea lose despite 17-1 goal attempts, Arsenal lose despite a 2 goal lead and Scum win without Roo and Berbatov. Sounds familiar??

Ninja_Assassin
21-11-2010, 01:24 AM
Elsewhere, Chelsea lose despite 17-1 goal attempts, Arsenal lose despite a 2 goal lead and Scum win without Roo and Berbatov. Sounds familiar??

And the biggest winners are PL and his bookmaking syndicate :p

niteowl
21-11-2010, 01:25 AM

Scum won after Wigan got 2 players send off in the 2nd half and Roo played as a substitute in the 2nd half. If Wigan had 11 players on the field, who knows maybe Wigan will be able to get a draw :cool:

Offspring
21-11-2010, 01:54 AM
West ham really making us look good. If it was stoke... :mad:

Offspring
21-11-2010, 02:00 AM
So so easy. :D

too_hot
21-11-2010, 02:11 AM
3-0

who is this team dat is playing?? i dun recognise them - but i like :D

seriously, sometimes i dun know who the real liverpool is.....

bochapsing
21-11-2010, 02:24 AM
tat's the real Meireles in his best position... the middle, not right nor left midfiled...

hope RH see tat n stop playing him out of position...

beck7777
21-11-2010, 02:29 AM
Nice to see a 3-0 lead at HT..

We are attacking but in a way, West Ham made us look good but still credit to the guys, we are attacking! :p

niteowl
21-11-2010, 02:31 AM
As of this match, Liverpool is 3rd in home form behind Scum & Chelski, better than Gunners. If away form is also that good :rolleyes: Next week away at Spurs :( But, at least position 9 after this win

The Milk Man
21-11-2010, 02:35 AM
3-0

who is this team dat is playing?? i dun recognise them - but i like :D

seriously, sometimes i dun know who the real liverpool is.....

Perhaps its a blessing in disguise tat SG was injured.
I remember during pre-season Liverpool were quite good in their matches without SG n Torres. :)

The Milk Man
21-11-2010, 02:38 AM
tat's the real Meireles in his best position... the middle, not right nor left midfiled...

I've always said Meireles was a quality player with excellent game intelligence.
If he stays long enough with Liverpool he is gonna be another of Liverpool's legends. :p

too_hot
21-11-2010, 02:42 AM
i know west ham are making us look good but the thing is pool took the initiative right from the whistle and attacked them hard but in the 1-1 vs wigan and 0-2 vs stoke, there was no initiative at all. can pool only play well at anfield?

beck7777
21-11-2010, 03:18 AM
Abit disappointed we took the feet off the gas during 2nd half when we can go on and improve our goal difference greatly..

But a win is a win, a 3-0 win is always a good win, thanks to West Ham too :D

Hope we can bring this form and confidence to White Hart Lane next week, which will be a big test especially Spurs just won the North London derby... :o

rahl
21-11-2010, 03:30 AM
i know west ham are making us look good but the thing is pool took the initiative right from the whistle and attacked them hard but in the 1-1 vs wigan and 0-2 vs stoke, there was no initiative at all. can pool only play well at anfield?

Million dollar question, we were excellent at home last season too but terrible away. In fact, under Rafa we had a bad weakness away except for the season when we finished second.

owen10
21-11-2010, 03:44 AM

a few weeks ago we were lurking in relegation zone. after today's win we are only 9 pts away fr the top!

cant agree more with you that WH made us look good with their slack defending. to be honest, it was 3 easy goals for us. could have more if not for Green's heroics. but a win is a win no less, the players should still be applauded for putting in their heart n soul in d absence of their captain.

next week's game agt Spurs will be tough. a win would definitely leave our morale to new highs.

Cum_Luver
21-11-2010, 09:03 AM
never mind how we won the match,a win is a win and most important 3 pts in the bag.
yes,the next match against Spurs will be tough.

too_hot
21-11-2010, 11:12 AM
totally agree with everyone dat a win is the most important thing of all but our GD is still nagative. 2 more goals in the 2nd half last nite would have put us in +1 and in 8th instead of 9th.

Anyway my main point is why we can't attack the same way when we play away? chelses's recent form notwithstanding, they attack whether they home or away. but it seems when pool plays away they adopt a defensive approach even against so-called smaller teams.

rahl
21-11-2010, 11:37 AM
Anyway my main point is why we can't attack the same way when we play away? chelses's recent form notwithstanding, they attack whether they home or away. but it seems when pool plays away they adopt a defensive approach even against so-called smaller teams.

Against Spurs we need to maintain our width and continue to play two upfront. I was not a strong supporter of 4-4-2 but it seems that's the best way for us to pose an attacking threat and not allow Torres to get isolated. Maybe Kuyt and Torres? Cole should be back too, so let's keep Raul in the middle (where he did great against the Hammers), Maxi on the right, and the full backs going up.

bochapsing
21-11-2010, 12:22 PM
3-0, a good performance, thou should have scored more in 2nd half.
merieles is class, proved his worth while playing in his best position, other notable outstanding players r maxi & johnson...

will have a tough tough game agst spur next week...
they have the 2 most in-form players in bale and VdV, everything bale touches now turns into goal...
they have an another turbo-charged lennon on the onther flank too (a big threat & a mis-match agst konchesky).... on top of these 2, they still can throw in defoe
they have some real pacy players which will be a big test to our slow defense...

niteowl
21-11-2010, 01:04 PM
totally agree with everyone dat a win is the most important thing of all but our GD is still nagative. 2 more goals in the 2nd half last nite would have put us in +1 and in 8th instead of 9th.

Cos RH mind is to get at least 1 point away and a bonus if got 3 points :D No doubt scoring a lot of goals will push Liverpool up the table but if they push too much as in Chelsea match, then dun expect to win at WHL. Hope Bremen do us a favour in the CL in midweek against Spurs to take them out of steam or better Spurs players came back injured:rolleyes:

joew2005
21-11-2010, 08:14 PM
i hate 2 say tis, but see wat was the reponse aft Spurs' 3-2 win @ The Emirates.
Harry Redknapp is talking abt winning the EPL title now.
The Reds go 2 White Hart Lane next Sunday.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=844803&sec=england&cc=4716

Redknapp and Wenger admit Spurs can win title

Harry Redknapp & Arsene Wenger both admitted Tottenham could win the Premier League aft the White Hart Lane club came fr 2 down 2 beat Arsenal 3-2 on Saturday.

Arsenal appeared 2 be cruising when Samir Nasri & Marouane Chamakh handed them a 2-0 advantage @ HT, but then the Gunners capitulated as Tottenham came roaring back. Gareth Bale, Rafael van der Vaart & Younes Kaboul all found the net, sending Spurs within 4 points of Arsenal.

Redknapp bullishly claimed his side could now go on 2 catch Chelsea, & Wenger did not disagree, although he preferred 2 focus on the mistakes of his players.

"There are 10 teams who k win the championship mathematically. Tottenham is 1 of them," the Arsenal manager said. "I m convinced we r in it, but there r chances in the championship you 1 2 take.

"If you look @ the stats & the numbers, it is veri difficult 2 understand how we lost tis game - a drop in concentration, some basic errors, some bad luck as well. You r a bit speechless 2 re-analyse the game. It is a mystery hw u k lose a game like tat.

"If you look @ the clear-cut chances tat Tottenham had 2day, it is difficult 2 understand hw we k concede 3 goals, but we lost it & we k only look @ ourselves. We could not maintain the focus nor the urgency 4 90 mins becos some players dropped. I believe tat overall we delivered a performance expected in a game like tat quality-wise. However, it was a mixture of fatigue in the 2nd half & also a lack of cautiousness."

Given Spurs' lacklustre 1st half, Redknapp could hv focused on the negatives in his post-match summary, but he instead chose 2 challenge his players 2 win Tottenham's 1st Premier League title.

"It's wide open tis year," Redknapp said. "Chelsea r not as good as they were; Man United r not as good as they were 3 or 4 yrs ago. They're still excellent teams but they're not the force they were. They were almost invincible, the pair of them.

"I think Tottenham r now getting closer & the championship is wide open. I said tat 2 the players yesterday morning. 'Why can't you win the championship? Who says you can't?' It's wide open 4 somebody who k put a run 2gether. It's there 4 some1 2 hv real go @ it tis year. Why should we all be fearful & keep saying 'We can't win it'?'

"I wouldn't be saying it if we had a bad group of players. I'm a realist; I'm not dreaming. It's difficult 2 do but it's not impossible. Tis is the best chance any1's going 2 get tis year. There's very little 2 choose between the top 5 or 6 teams @ the moment."

GeMiNiZzzzZzz
21-11-2010, 09:51 PM
i hate 2 say tis, but see wat was the reponse aft Spurs' 3-2 win @ The Emirates...

I know where you are coming from.

Unfortunately RH does not have the same confidence or should i say in the same league as these fellow counterparts.

After the win against Chelsea, i can sense his "disbelief" afterwards which cause the downwards spiral in our next match loss.

Now after finishing off the hammers, nxt up is a team a few times better than them.

bochapsing
21-11-2010, 10:05 PM
i hate 2 say tis, but see wat was the reponse aft Spurs' 3-2 win @ The Emirates.

was impressed by spur y'day...

they were away at emirates yet harry fielded an attacking lineup, a midfield consist of jenas (not really a defensive player), bale, lennon, modric and vdv supporting the lone striker.
was telling my fren tat they're going to win the match or kenna overrun in midfield and get thrashed.
and when they're 0-2 down HT, they put in another striker in defoe. hat off to harry for the brave decision..

rahl
22-11-2010, 12:01 AM
was impressed by spur y'day...

and when they're 0-2 down HT, they put in another striker in defoe. hat off to harry for the brave decision..

Honestly, I don't think Spurs are that great, just that everyone in the league is slipping up on major banana skins. Bale and VDV are smoking hot but I believe this is a matter of form rather than class. Once defences respond to cope with them, they will be much less effective.

Spurs' defence is still a shambles and we should be able to score against them. Players are Crouch and Keane are woefully off form and Defoe is coming back from injury. And Lennon is massively overrated.

Let's go to WHL and give it a real go.

bochapsing
22-11-2010, 12:42 AM
Bale and VDV are smoking hot but I believe this is a matter of form rather than class. Once defences respond to cope with them, they will be much less effective.

Spurs' defence is still a shambles and we should be able to score against them..

u r rite, their defense is their weakness, tat;s y we must go to their home and attack them, can not sit back defend and inviting them to attack us...
but seeing RH's tactic in our away games, i'm worried.. :(

we've to stop their 2 most on form and dangerous players, vdv & bale:-
vdv is class but he need space to work his magic, so we can't give him too much time on the ball to pass it around...
bale is fast, he'll just push the ball pass the defender and run, so defender can easily get himself booked if he commit himself into tackles and miss the ball...

SCB2011
22-11-2010, 01:51 AM
bale is fast, he'll just push the ball pass the defender and run, so defender can easily get himself booked if he commit himself into tackles and miss the ball...

None of our defenders have the pace to keep up with him. :(
Unless RH comes up with a strategy to contain him I dun tink we can win this game. :mad:

babylian
22-11-2010, 02:12 AM
liverpool is getting from bad to wrost. may god help them

Xgenre
22-11-2010, 09:38 AM
We should play mind games with Spurs. I don't understand why Harry Redknapp will say that Spurs can be champions. True, they are good but few, if any, of their players have not had the experience of winning the league. It's good for a manager to show confidence in his team but I think Harry Redknapp just piled on unnecessary media scrutiny on his players. It can very stressful when people expect you to win and you draw.

So let's play up his words. Just say we will be welcoming the Champions. Let our players form 2 rows and welcome the Spurs team on the pitch. Let's play on their minds a bit. Anyone who had competed in sports will know this is a good way of 'psycho' the other team. But I doubt Roy Hogson had the intelligence to do this. He keeps apologising for his comments, doesn't he? First to Rafa, then to Johnson.

I know how Rafa will react to Harry's comments that Spurs will be champions. It goes.

1. It's a fact that Spurs had never won the league before.

2. It's a fact that Spurs had only just start playing in the Champions League this year.

3. It's a fact... :D

joew2005
22-11-2010, 08:17 PM
there r 2 things tat i m certain .....
one - RH would take tat taking a point fr the trip 2 WHL is a veri veri BIG achievement.
two - no matter hw good spurs played during the last weekend,i don't think they k win the premiership title tis season, nor k they do it next season.

sean_j
23-11-2010, 06:50 AM
We should play mind games with Spurs. I don't understand why Harry Redknapp will say that Spurs can be champions. True, they are good but few, if any, of their players have not had the experience of winning the league. It's good for a manager to show confidence in his team but I think Harry Redknapp just piled on unnecessary media scrutiny on his players. It can very stressful when people expect you to win and you draw.

So let's play up his words. Just say we will be welcoming the Champions. Let our players form 2 rows and welcome the Spurs team on the pitch. Let's play on their minds a bit. Anyone who had competed in sports will know this is a good way of 'psycho' the other team. But I doubt Roy Hogson had the intelligence to do this. He keeps apologising for his comments, doesn't he? First to Rafa, then to Johnson.

I know how Rafa will react to Harry's comments that Spurs will be champions. It goes.

1. It's a fact that Spurs had never won the league before.

2. It's a fact that Spurs had only just start playing in the Champions League this year.

3. It's a fact... :D

its a fact they won the league in 61/62 n reach the european cup semis the following year.:D i noe it was a long time ago pls don t rub it in.we welcome u to whl with open arms.

sean_j
23-11-2010, 06:52 AM
there r 2 things tat i m certain .....
one - RH would take tat taking a point fr the trip 2 WHL is a veri veri BIG achievement.
two - no matter hw good spurs played during the last weekend,i don't think they k win the premiership title tis season, nor k they do it next season.

i feel the same way,i don t think we have enuff quality to see out the season as champions.

Xgenre
23-11-2010, 08:42 AM
its a fact they won the league in 61/62 n reach the european cup semis the following year.:D i noe it was a long time ago pls don t rub it in.we welcome u to whl with open arms.

I'm not rubbing it in. Liverpool (my team) has never won the EPL before too. Worse, we aren't in the Champions League this year. Read again. My fact statements are meant to poke fun at Rafa, not Spurs.

rahl
23-11-2010, 09:44 AM

I think Spurs could be nearer the top this season given the slipups happening at all the grounds so far. I don't reckon they will win it though. But after seeing them struggle with horrific injuries and delivering their promise for so many recent seasons, I think things are coming together for them since last season. So congrats ;)

sean_j
23-11-2010, 10:11 PM
I'm not rubbing it in. Liverpool (my team) has never won the EPL before too. Worse, we aren't in the Champions League this year. Read again. My fact statements are meant to poke fun at Rafa, not Spurs.

poke fun y,in fact he was rite abt the facts.:D

Lone_Wolf
26-11-2010, 01:04 AM
Is RH crazy? Pacheco is one of our best up n coming talents !!! :mad:

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/transfer-gossip/pacheco-faces-anfield-exit-after-missed-opportunity

Frankiestine
26-11-2010, 11:24 AM

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/transfer-gossip/pacheco-faces-anfield-exit-after-missed-opportunity

What kind of fuck up manager is he, makes his assessment based on one match? Haven't he been sticking to his Konchesky for the past few matches and has he really proven his worth as a Liverpool player?

bochapsing
26-11-2010, 01:38 PM

has been quiet and peaceful for the past few days w/o hearing him giving any nonsense interview....

and now he's back with a BANG..!!!

i'm worried........................................... ..........................................!!!

ProfessorOokami
26-11-2010, 03:50 PM
What kind of fuck up manager is he, makes his assessment based on one match? Haven't he been sticking to his Konchesky for the past few matches and has he really proven his worth as a Liverpool player?

It is the same with RB with Lucas. So, if one gets into the good books of his boss, no problem even with bad performance.

rahl
26-11-2010, 07:32 PM
has been quiet and peaceful for the past few days w/o hearing him giving any nonsense interview....

I think it's really disappointing to be so harsh on a young player like that who really needs encouragement.

Ya, 2 days later RH will be apologising for this.

bochapsing
26-11-2010, 10:38 PM
I think it's really disappointing to be so harsh on a young player like that who really needs encouragement.

Ya, 2 days later RH will be apologising for this.

yound players like Pacheco is our FUTURE...

RH screwing up the present squad is bad enough.... i just can bear to see him screwing up our future....

if RH stays, i think foreign young prospect like ayala, pacheco, mavinga and even suso will eventually leaves with having a chance to prove themselves, and i dun think any foreign young player would want to join us in future...
:(:(:(

hope the new owners hear the voice of the fans and do something to save us......

beck7777
26-11-2010, 11:04 PM
Very typical of Woy..

Every interview he gives only make us more and more Fulham..

SCB2011
27-11-2010, 03:36 PM
Hate your avatar bro! :p:D

Ok lor.... I CHANGE !! :p

Xgenre
27-11-2010, 03:40 PM
Thinking of the last 2 years, our managers really give us a lot of reason to complain. When Rafa was in charge, some guys can post 'You rafa lovers etc etc...'. Then guys will come out and say 'I support liverpool and not rafa... etc etc'. Now RH is in charge and seriously, even more reasons to complain about the manager than when Rafa was in charge.

Sometimes I'm just glad King Kenny never became the manager. Without money to buy players and inheriting a lousy squad, we will all scold the manager soon... and he's the last guy we will wish to scold.

beck7777
27-11-2010, 05:02 PM
Ok lor.... I CHANGE !! :p

Nice one bro!!! :cool::p

niteowl
28-11-2010, 11:33 PM
Line-up for Spurs against Liverpool

The Reds team is: Reina, Johnson, Konchesky, Carragher, Skrtel, Lucas, Meireles, Maxi, Kuyt, Ngog, Torres. Subs: Jones, Cole, Kyrgiakos, Aurelio, Babel, Poulsen, Jovanovic.

Offspring
28-11-2010, 11:41 PM
Classic 442. RH going for it. Let's hope the players are up for this.

niteowl
29-11-2010, 12:04 AM
Line-up for Spurs against Liverpool

The Reds team is: Reina, Johnson, Konchesky, Carragher, Skrtel, Lucas, Meireles, Maxi, Kuyt, Ngog, Torres. Subs: Jones, Cole, Kyrgiakos, Aurelio, Babel, Poulsen, Jovanovic.

Sorry, no Cole but Shelvey

ProfessorOokami
29-11-2010, 01:02 AM
Liverpool leading by 1-0 at HT :D

Kuyt was a bit erratc in his passes.

bochapsing
29-11-2010, 02:00 AM
$#&%...!!
conceded in the last min...
no prize guessing where the goal came from...

generally, i think we'd played reasonably well, maxi and torres should have scored from their chances...

time's up, roy...

beck7777
29-11-2010, 02:00 AM
Felt let down..

Effort wise we did well but could have put the game away but Torres suprisingly fail to shoot at both good chances..

And to lost it so late surely leave a sour taste in the mouth..

As continued, Woy woeful away run carry ons.. Haiz.... :(

rahl
29-11-2010, 02:04 AM
$#&%...!!
conceded in the last min...
no prize guessing where the goal came from...

time's up, roy...

Played well yes but ultimately Spurs had more weapons and pace than us.

How long is RH going to stick with Konchesky! We have conceded so many goals from his side!!! :mad: Let Aurelio and Kelly have a go already!

Plus side, I thought Maxi and Raul were great and it was good to see us pass the ball well. We rue our missed chances.

Hope Carra and Ngog will come back soon. We need them.

beck7777
29-11-2010, 02:06 AM
How long is RH going to stick with Konchesky! We have conceded so many goals from his side!!! :mad:

As long as Woy is the manager..

Lennon was pretty quiet for much of this season but Konchesky made him look better than C Ronaldo! :mad:

owen10
29-11-2010, 02:23 AM

How long is RH going to stick with Konchesky! We have conceded so many goals from his side!!! :mad: Let Aurelio and Kelly have a go already!

Plus side, I thought Maxi and Raul were great and it was good to see us pass the ball well. We rue our missed chances.

it's with a heavy heart that im writing this. u echoed my sentiments - we played very well (maybe 1 of our best games this season?) but still lost. i thought we led a charmed life with 2 goal line clearances n a missed penalty by Spurs but in d end we still succumbed to a late late goal.

throughout the game we were torn apart by the speed of Spurs - Bale, Modric, Lennon were tearing down our defence with their devastating pace. we contained them well, at the expense of a few yellows. so fed up our defence juz didnt have that extra pace, extra concentration to prevent that late winner. Haizzz ...

i fully agree with you Maxi n Mireles are improving with every game. Both are creating more chances for themselves and they were also quite sharp with their shots.

Yes ... had Maxi n/or Torres scored before HT to make it 2-0, we should not left as losers tonite.

rahl
29-11-2010, 02:30 AM
it's with a heavy heart that im writing this. u echoed my sentiments - we played very well (maybe 1 of our best games this season?) but still lost. i thought we led a charmed life with 2 goal line clearances n a missed penalty by Spurs but in d end we still succumbed to a late late goal.

Bro I don't mind losing as long as we put up a good fight. Ref didn't do us any favours either, turning down two appeals and giving that wrong penalty to Spurs.

We have some good players and passing is quite ok and improving. Play the best players in their best position for a start. Cole to come back - idiot got hurt again and withdrawn from the bench.

Let's give the youngsters and Cole a run out in Romania.

hawksbay
29-11-2010, 02:30 AM

we lost cos we did not take our chances,one moment of concentration laspe in injury time killed us,i tot we went for it instead of trying to sit back n let them come at us.shd have atleast got a point.

rahl
29-11-2010, 02:33 AM
we lost cos we did not take our chances,one moment of concentration laspe in injury time killed us,i tot we went for it instead of trying to sit back n let them come at us.shd have atleast got a point.

True but we need to close down in the final minutes.

Guess what guys, we playing scum at OT in 3rd round of the FA Cup.

owen10
29-11-2010, 02:40 AM

lost in concentration ... typical of our Liverpool team since the 90s ... haizzz ... something to ponder: had Carra remained on the field, would he have saved us fr conceding that stupid goal??? :(

hawksbay
29-11-2010, 05:10 AM
lost in concentration ... typical of our Liverpool team since the 90s ... haizzz ... something to ponder: had Carra remained on the field, would he have saved us fr conceding that stupid goal??? :(

the problem is RH does not noe how strong his squad is,shd not have let that young argentinian go to turkey,he had one full season,he was developing nicely.rafa left him with a strong squad,y does he not play agger?

rahl
29-11-2010, 09:29 AM
the problem is RH does not noe how strong his squad is,shd not have let that young argentinian go to turkey,he had one full season,he was developing nicely.rafa left him with a strong squad,y does he not play agger?

Agger is a long term injury absentee - does not look good, he is too injury prone.

bochapsing
29-11-2010, 04:04 PM

er... does he know anything?? :p

last season everybody complained abt insua and wanted a new LB, now see wat we get....!!! careful of wat u wish..... :p

agger is recovering, may be available in weeks, but doubt RH will play him anyway...:mad:

Xgenre
29-11-2010, 04:41 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emiliano_Ins%C3%BAa

Insua is still our player out on loan only right? Can we refuse the option to sell him? I think he's better off as a left midfielder, wingback than just a pure leftback. His crosses are better than his defending. Plus he's so young and pacy. Plus he fulfils the home-grown requirement as he was with us from 2007 to june 2010.

I do question RH's decisions. Sometimes, I think keeping Rafa is better. At least Rafa whines and complains but he doesn't make statements that bewilder people.

bochapsing
29-11-2010, 04:51 PM
Plus he fulfils the home-grown requirement as he was with us from 2007 to june 2010..

tat's why the reason for RH to sign Konchesky to fulfill homegrown quota puzzled me....!!!
:confused::confused::confused:

he can't be worse than konchesky.... i think last nite scenerio, he'll pulled down lenon even before he reached the box when he realised he couldn't catch up with him, better to give away a freekick and even get a red card...

NZL97
29-11-2010, 09:15 PM
this is how we should have play throughout the season........with 2 out & out strikers upfront..........unfortunately we lost but RH at last do something right with his tactics & formation...........meireles was outstanding in midfield together with lucas.......:)

but torres & maxi again let us down with their woeful fininshing..................:(

if we continue to play like that, we will climb further the league table for sure................go reds!!!! really hope they sign adam johnson & karim benzema as reported recently in the news.

rahl
29-11-2010, 09:39 PM
this is how we should have play throughout the season........with 2 out & out strikers upfront..........

Yes there is cause for optimism if we keep playing and passing the ball.

2 strikers is a hard call to be honest. Remember we played Torres and Ngog against Man City and were absolutely murdered? That's why RH got cold feet and went back to lone striker.

I think we need to sign at least 2 more top strikers to play that system properly. Ngog went off with a knock yesterday and Kuyt has been injury hit. We are really down to bare bones.

bochapsing
29-11-2010, 10:17 PM
instead of a 2 strikers, i'll play gerrad behind torres when he is fit,... they had linked up so well in the past...
also with gerrard not getting any younger, i'll leave the engine room to be run by raul and lucas (i'll give tis partnership another few matches to prove themselves after y'day performance)...
other options for torres' partner up front will be cole, kyut and jovanovic (who i think is a decent player, looked ok in beginning of season)..

bochapsing
29-11-2010, 10:36 PM
RH at last do something right with his tactics & formation..

but he get his subsitution awefully wrong...

when he put in aurelio for ngog, it's clear tat he's settling for a draw... a disappointing subsitution esp when the game was still for anybody's taking...

he should have learnt from arsenal defeat last week, never sit back and invite spurs to attack us when it's at their home, they're the "Comeback King" tis season (miss the days we WERE the "Comeback King")....

why didn't he put in jovanovic or babel and maintain the shape of the team while trying to win the match?

his cautious subsitution not only din beef up the defense, but actually distrupt the team and formation which worked well in the match (we had been creating chances, thou we needed 2 goal line clearance and a penalty miss to stayed 1-1)..

rahl
30-11-2010, 12:01 AM
instead of a 2 strikers, i'll play gerrad behind torres when he is fit,... they had linked up so well in the past...
also with gerrard not getting any younger, i'll leave the engine room to be run by raul and lucas (i'll give tis partnership another few matches to prove themselves after y'day performance)...

Bro that's a strange argument isnt it heheh. I'd have thought if Stevie is getting older, he should move back to midfield al la elderly Barnes. ;)

Btw RH has made another 'apology' - to the ref and admitted Ngog's penalty was a stonewall penalty. I thought the issue was the ball was outside the penalty area!!

rahl
30-11-2010, 12:04 AM
but he get his subsitution awefully wrong...

his cautious subsitution not only din beef up the defense, but actually distrupt the team and formation which worked well in the match (we had been creating chances, thou we needed 2 goal line clearance and a penalty miss to stayed 1-1)..

To be fair, bro, Spurs have been scorching hot. They beat Arsenal without playing particularly well. They beat us without playing particularly well.

Even when Aurelio came on for Ngog, we were still passing well and creating chances. Lennon's goal was just poor defending and a real sucker punch. On this sort of form, Spurs can beat anyone (except the Scum of course who are top of the table again).

The Milk Man
30-11-2010, 01:57 AM
why didn't he put in jovanovic or babel and maintain the shape of the team while trying to win the match?

Because he is trying to palm off Jovanovic to Anderlect and Babel to Feyenood :p

Xgenre
30-11-2010, 02:35 AM
Another Craig Bellamy? http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/transfer-gossip/cassano-ready-to-make-liverpool-transfer-in-january. Talented? Yes. Trouble-maker? Yes.

I know this is just a rumour. Really wonder who we will sign in Jan. We need marquee signings to feel confident the new owners are the right owners. Not some free transfer or left with 6 months to free transfer kind of signing. We have too many failures in the aspect of free transfer. Voronin for example.

owen10
30-11-2010, 03:12 AM
Bro that's a strange argument isnt it heheh. I'd have thought if Stevie is getting older, he should move back to midfield al la elderly Barnes. ;)

Btw RH has made another 'apology' - to the ref and admitted Ngog's penalty was a stonewall penalty. I thought the issue was the ball was outside the penalty area!!

i thought it was very unlucky for ngog to conceded that penalty. debatable if foul was committed marginally inside/outside box. but his immediate instinct was to protect his face when the ball was hit ... so suay that both hands kena the ball.

To be fair, bro, Spurs have been scorching hot. They beat Arsenal without playing particularly well. They beat us without playing particularly well.

Even when Aurelio came on for Ngog, we were still passing well and creating chances. Lennon's goal was just poor defending and a real sucker punch. On this sort of form, Spurs can beat anyone (except the Scum of course who are top of the table again).

Pool played with more aggression, spirit n tempo and more as a team. While Spurs depended on outstanding individuals like Bale, Modric n Lennon to kill us single-handedly. VDV n Kaboul's injury kinda disrupted their rhythm but they regrouped fast. And they created equal or more chances than us too. Dont forget they had 2 shots cleared off the line, a penalty miss, n a defoe goal disallowed. This team can go far ... maybe even win the league title, if Mr Harry get the right reinforcements in the new tfr window.

Another Craig Bellamy? http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/transfer-gossip/cassano-ready-to-make-liverpool-transfer-in-january. Talented? Yes. Trouble-maker? Yes.

I know this is just a rumour. Really wonder who we will sign in Jan. We need marquee signings to feel confident the new owners are the right owners. Not some free transfer or left with 6 months to free transfer kind of signing. We have too many failures in the aspect of free transfer. Voronin for example.

Not another italian again ... after our flop Aquilani. Cassano is a has-been, dun think he's the right man to turn our fortunes. maybe oldies like Inzaghi or Del Piero will do a better job. :D

sean_j
30-11-2010, 04:20 AM
u guys deserved a point,was surprised the way pool played really attacked us frm the off had us in all sort of trouble.if u guys went 2 up things wld have been different.anyway well played guys.

rahl
30-11-2010, 09:19 AM
Pool played with more aggression, spirit n tempo and more as a team. While Spurs depended on outstanding individuals like Bale, Modric n Lennon to kill us single-handedly. VDV n Kaboul's injury kinda disrupted their rhythm but they regrouped fast. And they created equal or more chances than us too. Dont forget they had 2 shots cleared off the line, a penalty miss, n a defoe goal disallowed. This team can go far ... maybe even win the league title, if Mr Harry get the right reinforcements in the new tfr window.

They stretched the game and our players can't cope with pace. Injuries may be their downfall but they are in top gear now with in-form players and confidence flowing through the team. They have no chance winning the league this season though ;)

no no
30-11-2010, 09:25 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emiliano_Ins%C3%BAa

Insua is still our player out on loan only right? Can we refuse the option to sell him? I think he's better off as a left midfielder, wingback than just a pure leftback. His crosses are better than his defending. Plus he's so young and pacy. Plus he fulfils the home-grown requirement as he was with us from 2007 to june 2010.

I do question RH's decisions. Sometimes, I think keeping Rafa is better. At least Rafa whines and complains but he doesn't make statements that bewilder people.

if to compare i do agree that Rafa is better than RH (not a fan of both)

bochapsing
30-11-2010, 09:40 AM

old liao, no more energy to run up n down the field to do all the chasing and tackling, so play behind the striker, dun need to do too much of defending mah... :p

actually i was quite sad to see an elderly and seemly overweight barnes playing as a DM and struggling for pace, when his days in the wings were still fresh in my memory... :p

regarding the penalty, spurs got 1 exactly the same against arsenal too... nothing goes wrong for spurs at the moment... but i guess when a player raise his hands, it's a straightforward decision and our wall was actually formed inside the box... only debatable is when ngog jumped and at the moment the ball hit his hands, his hands in the air appeared to be outside the box..

another RH's interview followed by an apology...??!! :mad:

bochapsing
30-11-2010, 09:49 AM
They stretched the game and our players can't cope with pace. Injuries may be their downfall but they are in top gear now with in-form players and confidence flowing through the team. They have no chance winning the league this season though ;)

their main wearon is their speed in attacks... look at how many yellow cards we got for chopping down their players, esp bale.. wat he has to do is push the ball and run...

but i still think their defense is still up to standard for them to mount a serious title challenge...

niteowl
30-11-2010, 10:21 AM
Liverpool duo Lucas Leiva and Ryan Babel will be offered paths out of the club as Sevilla and Juventus are lining up January bids, according to the Daily Mail and Talksport respectively.

Sevilla are looking for a replacement for Tiberio Guarente after he was ruled out for the rest of the season while Juve need more firepower in their bid to close the gap on Serie A leaders AC Milan.

Liverpool are looking to sell in order to fund the signings of new players and Lucas and Babel are at the top of the list of players to sell.

The likes of Johan Elmander, Eden Hazard, Mirko Vucinic and Yann M’Vila have all been linked with move to Anfield and would be expensive signings.

Liverpool’s new owner John W Henry has insisted he will make funds available for Roy Hodgson to bring in one ‘world class player’ to the Merseyside club.

However, any other purchases the club wants to make will have to be funded by selling a couple of players.

Sevilla have reportedly enquired about Lucas’ availability and are currently waiting for a response from Liverpool’s hierarchy, although Inter Milan are also interested.

Babel, meanwhile, has admirers in Italy and, after seeing possible moves to Birmingham and West Ham fall through in the summer, could be on his way out of the Premier League in January.

Juventus and Lazio are currently monitoring the Dutchman’s situation and are readying offers for the Liverpool winger.

Xgenre
30-11-2010, 11:01 AM
if to compare i do agree that Rafa is better than RH (not a fan of both)

So both of them are no no to you? :p

This thread hasn't discussed Liverpool's pre-season to Asia next year. I doubt they will come to Singapore since the national stadium is being demolished. I'm glad that it's in Singapore during the last visit that Stanchart thought of sponsoring Liverpool. Reported a few days ago. Jalan Besar stadium possible? Or the old Jurong Stadium that can sit 10,000 fans?

niteowl
30-11-2010, 03:47 PM
This thread hasn't discussed Liverpool's pre-season to Asia next year. I doubt they will come to Singapore since the national stadium is being demolished. I'm glad that it's in Singapore during the last visit that Stanchart thought of sponsoring Liverpool. Reported a few days ago. Jalan Besar stadium possible? Or the old Jurong Stadium that can sit 10,000 fans?

Floating platform:p

rahl
30-11-2010, 08:37 PM
Actually i thought the substitution using Aurelio for Ngog is to maintain the shape.. as Aurelio took up the left mid position and Maxi was switched to the right.. and Kyut pushed upfront to partner Torres.. hence still maintaining the 4-4-2 formation..

Aiya of course need Aurelio to shore up the struggling Konchesky - didn't help though in injury time.

I give Konchesky credit for holding up his hands in the Lennon goal but he has honestly been far from being good enough.

pirambi
30-11-2010, 11:54 PM
Thinking of the last 2 years, our managers really give us a lot of reason to complain. When Rafa was in charge, some guys can post 'You rafa lovers etc etc...'. Then guys will come out and say 'I support liverpool and not rafa... etc etc'. Now RH is in charge and seriously, even more reasons to complain about the manager than when Rafa was in charge.

Sometimes I'm just glad King Kenny never became the manager. Without money to buy players and inheriting a lousy squad, we will all scold the manager soon... and he's the last guy we will wish to scold.

Ha ha thats the typical mindset(if they have one) of a liverfool fan.
Before 2 years, they were talkin about winning the league and criticisin Rafass, last year about a champions league spot, this year even relegation.. every time they simply complain complain and complain about the manager.

gold.digg3r
30-11-2010, 11:59 PM
Ha ha thats the typical mindset(if they have one) of a liverfool fan.
Before 2 years, they were talkin about winning the league and criticisin Rafass, last year about a champions league spot, this year even relegation.. every time they simply complain complain and complain about the manager.

Ditto ... very true ...

niteowl
01-12-2010, 12:36 AM
Fernando Torres will not travel to Bucharest for Thursday's Europa League clash with Steaua - while at the back Danny Wilson will deputise for the injured Jamie Carragher who is out for 12 weeks.

Our Spanish striker is to be rested ahead of Monday's Barclays Premier League encounter with Aston Villa.

Those who will definitely start include 18-year-old Wilson, whose only appearance since signing from Rangers this summer came in the League Cup defeat to Northampton.

He will partner Sotirios Kyrgiakos at the back - and the pair are likely to be joined in defence by Fabio Aurelio and Martin Kelly.

Hodgson told Liverpoolfc.tv: "Martin Kelly and Danny Wilson will start against Steaua Bucharest and it's a great opportunity for them to stake a claim to be in the first team.

"Not being able to take the points we deserved against Tottenham has kept us in a mid-table position so the next games coming up are going to be very important.

"I've got to be careful not to risk too many of the players I want out on the field against Aston Villa.

"Torres won't travel. I can leave maybe as many as six or seven players who I expect to start against Aston Villa out of the team.

"It means on paper I'm taking a weakened team, but I believe people like Joe Cole, Ryan Babel, Milan Jovanovic, Danny Wilson, Christian Poulsen and Jonjo Shelvey are more than capable of doing a good job for Liverpool Football Club."

Dani Pacheco is also expected to feature in Bucharest, where a point would ensure we progress to the knockout stages.

bochapsing
01-12-2010, 01:08 AM
I give Konchesky credit for holding up his hands in the Lennon goal but he has honestly been far from being good enough.

er.... Roy, heard tat?!

so pls play aurelio or kelly and drop him to the reserve until he's good enough for the team...

we can't wait half a season for him and another half for poulsen (but at least he's been dropped now) to be back to their best, er... which we still think is not good enough for us...

furthermore konchesky has been playing in england whole of his career, so no excuse of settling in a new league...

owen10
01-12-2010, 04:03 AM
Fernando Torres will not travel to Bucharest for Thursday's Europa League clash with Steaua - while at the back Danny Wilson will deputise for the injured Jamie Carragher who is out for 12 weeks.

Our Spanish striker is to be rested ahead of Monday's Barclays Premier League encounter with Aston Villa.

Those who will definitely start include 18-year-old Wilson, whose only appearance since signing from Rangers this summer came in the League Cup defeat to Northampton.

He will partner Sotirios Kyrgiakos at the back - and the pair are likely to be joined in defence by Fabio Aurelio and Martin Kelly.

Hodgson told Liverpoolfc.tv: "Martin Kelly and Danny Wilson will start against Steaua Bucharest and it's a great opportunity for them to stake a claim to be in the first team.

"Not being able to take the points we deserved against Tottenham has kept us in a mid-table position so the next games coming up are going to be very important.

"I've got to be careful not to risk too many of the players I want out on the field against Aston Villa.

"Torres won't travel. I can leave maybe as many as six or seven players who I expect to start against Aston Villa out of the team.

"It means on paper I'm taking a weakened team, but I believe people like Joe Cole, Ryan Babel, Milan Jovanovic, Danny Wilson, Christian Poulsen and Jonjo Shelvey are more than capable of doing a good job for Liverpool Football Club."

Dani Pacheco is also expected to feature in Bucharest, where a point would ensure we progress to the knockout stages.

RH's not prioritising Europa this season so I guess Torres' absence wont surprise or disappoint many of us. He's been using youngsters in Europa and it had worked well for us so far. I mean at least we are gettin this far. hehehe. Good if Pacheco can also use Europa to showcase his talents n show RH he deserves 1st team appearance.

er.... Roy, heard tat?!

so pls play aurelio or kelly and drop him to the reserve until he's good enough for the team...

we can't wait half a season for him and another half for poulsen (but at least he's been dropped now) to be back to their best, er... which we still think is not good enough for us...

furthermore konchesky has been playing in england whole of his career, so no excuse of settling in a new league...

yes, very disappointed with Konchesky so far. having watched him blossom at fulham which he has a knack of taking rocket long shots n scoring occasionally, I was also one of the fans who gave the thumbs up for his purchase. but he has yet to prove himself so far - he's juz average at best.

rahl
01-12-2010, 11:11 AM
yes, very disappointed with Konchesky so far. having watched him blossom at fulham which he has a knack of taking rocket long shots n scoring occasionally, I was also one of the fans who gave the thumbs up for his purchase. but he has yet to prove himself so far - he's juz average at best.

Bugger scored against us in the FA Cup final remember?

Yes, looking to our youngsters to play hard and get some experience in Romania.

SG Obama
01-12-2010, 01:09 PM
So both of them are no no to you? :p

we have the tiny floating platform by marina....it's a possible venue apart from the padang (unlikely though)

bochapsing
01-12-2010, 01:26 PM
Bugger scored against us in the FA Cup final remember?

tat's was meant to be a CROSS..!!!

:p:p:p

Star3
01-12-2010, 09:00 PM

Ok you got your wish. Konchesky is dropped for the Europa game against SB :p

But he will be back for the AV game...... together with Torres, Johnson, Kuyt, Meireles and Maxi :D I think RH is going for an attacking lineup in the AV game. :)

The Milk Man
01-12-2010, 09:23 PM

But he will be back for the AV game...... together with Torres, Johnson, Kuyt, Meireles and Maxi :D I think RH is going for an attacking lineup in the AV game. :)

Now's a good time to play Aston Villa..... they got several players on the injured list. This game 3 points napshot for Liverpool. :p

sex crusader
01-12-2010, 11:52 PM
Lucas Leiva will be offered paths out of the club as Sevilla and Juventus are lining up January bids, according to the Daily Mail and Talksport respectively.

Sevilla have reportedly enquired about Lucas’ availability and are currently waiting for a response from Liverpool’s hierarchy, although Inter Milan are also interested.

Looks like the godfather cannot part with his godson.:D

rahl
02-12-2010, 12:13 AM

Rested la not dropped ;)

owen10
02-12-2010, 03:17 AM
Looks like the godfather cannot part with his godson.:D

Im one of the Lucas bashers but to be fair, at least we are seeing some redemption on his part in recent games. Maybe the turnaround of fortunes which also saw Maxi n Mireles improving rubbed into Lucas who seemed to have more enthusiasm, confidence n making better contributions.

maybe too early days lah, we are looking for consistency. let's judge him at d end of the season! :)

sex crusader
02-12-2010, 02:06 PM
Ya..ya...givr him chance hor!:D But then till end of the sesson would it be too late if he is still running around headlessly? Maybe inter will pay a good price for him with the strong support of RB comes the january window.A good leftback maybe.....hmm...!

beck7777
02-12-2010, 03:00 PM
Good to finally see the youngster get a chance...

An away game at tough cold condition is perfect for them to learn and a chance to show potiential and determination..

Cant wait to finally see how good Wilson is! :D

bochapsing
02-12-2010, 06:22 PM
just hope in any case tat we come away with a bad result, none of these youngsters is made scapegoat and kenna condemned by RH, aka pacheco in tat "unfortunate" game against Northampton...

Offspring
02-12-2010, 07:44 PM
Pacheco on the left. Milan on the right. Ngog and Cole upfront. Poulsen and jonjo in the middle.

Come on Pacheco. I'm rooting for you.

The Milk Man
02-12-2010, 08:27 PM
Pacheco on the left. Milan on the right. Ngog and Cole upfront. Poulsen and jonjo in the middle.

Come on Pacheco. I'm rooting for you.

U forgot about Lucas........ u want him to play centreback? :D

Offspring
02-12-2010, 10:49 PM
U forgot about Lucas........ u want him to play centreback? :D

If it's Poulsen and Lucas then this game is gone. Both are defensive. Btw, I forgot he is not banned for Europa.

Offspring
02-12-2010, 10:53 PM
Ah nvm. I'm tired and brain not working.

beck7777
02-12-2010, 11:01 PM
Ah nvm. I'm tired and brain not working.

Haha! I believe Lucas is rested for this game while Poulsen takes over...:rolleyes:

SG Obama
03-12-2010, 12:50 AM
Ya..ya...givr him chance hor!:D But then till end of the sesson would it be too late if he is still running around headlessly? Maybe inter will pay a good price for him with the strong support of RB comes the january window.A good leftback maybe.....hmm...!

back in the old days, i used to lament when Kurt just joined and was fielded as striker. totally hopeless and i had wished Rafa sold him.....he has my respect now and i found him a key player in liverpool.....hopefully Lucas and gang can buck up soon as well

bochapsing
03-12-2010, 01:17 AM
Liverpool line-up:

Reina
Kelly, Kyrgiakos, Wilson, Aurelio
Poulsen, Shelvey
Pacheco, Cole, Jovanovic
Babel.

Subs:
Jones, Lucas, Ngog, Skrtel, Eccleston, Flanagan, Robinson.

rahl
04-12-2010, 12:14 AM
I slept through most of the game but the goal was a good move by Babel crossing perfectly for Milan to plant a perfect header into the net.

Not a great performance after that and sorry Reina made a blunder after being named captain for the match, but an important point.

bochapsing
04-12-2010, 02:07 PM
Liverpool have today confirmed youngsters Dani Pacheco and Martin Kelly have signed new contracts at Anfield.

Pacheco has signed a two-year extension taking his contract to 30 June 2014, while Kelly has signed a three-year extension, also taking his contract to 30 June 2014.

Offspring
05-12-2010, 01:00 AM
Liverpool have today confirmed youngsters Dani Pacheco and Martin Kelly have signed new contracts at Anfield.

Pacheco has signed a two-year extension taking his contract to 30 June 2014, while Kelly has signed a three-year extension, also taking his contract to 30 June 2014.

Good news!

Monday night Houllier comes back to anfield. A place where he won the treble. :)

asspanker
06-12-2010, 02:33 PM
should be a good reception for GH..

beck7777
06-12-2010, 02:45 PM
should be a good reception for GH..

Lets all try to remember what he won for us and not the terrible last season when he was around...:D

Xgenre
06-12-2010, 08:46 PM
GH and Rafa have a lot in common ya? 1 bad season after finishing 2nd and they are gone. Both like to play it safe. 1-0 and defend all the way. GH like to sign French players cos he's French. Rafa likes to sign Spanish players cos he's Spanish. GH won an impossible treble while Rafa won an impossible CL final (both acheivements giving us immense joy).

GH groomed Owen, Gerrard, Murphy, Carragher from within our ranks. Rafa... I can't remember if he groomed anyone from our local youth teams...

rahl
06-12-2010, 11:04 PM
Lets all try to remember what he won for us and not the terrible last season when he was around...:D

GH won an impossible treble while Rafa won an impossible CL final (both acheivements giving us immense joy).

Fond memories. Welcome back Gerard but let's give him hell at Anfield before Xmas ;)

owen10
07-12-2010, 04:21 AM
Liverpool scored from a rare set-piece agt AV!

well worked corner, ball was floated towards Skrtel whose header found Ngogm who headed in beautifully.

... within 2 mins, Babel dashed into the penalty area to make it 2-0.

ok goin to zzzz ... didnt mean to stay up to catch this late match ... gdnite n enjoy bros! hope to wake up n see AOS! :D

niteowl
07-12-2010, 06:00 AM
A nicely 3rd goal from Maxi who got the throw from Reina, then passed to Ngog and return to Maxi who scored with a nicely executable goal :p

Congrats to Reina who keep a 100 clean sheets in 198 games.

Great game and a good result, lads without Torres, Gerrard and Carragher.

rahl
07-12-2010, 06:07 AM
Yeah was gonna say who needs Stevie, Carra and Torres (wife was giving birth)! Heheh.

My wish for a nightmare for Gerard Houllier came true, but it was great to see him back at Anfield ;)

Great to see our players in sprightly form, working hard for one another and passing well.

Thumbs up for Babel, he has done well in the last 2 games and maybe there is a future for him at Anfield after all.

Again, Raul, with Lucas alongside him, has been class in the centre of midfield.

too_hot
07-12-2010, 09:45 AM
Happy with the win and the goals were nice. i liked maxi's one the best - classic counter attack.

Not to pour cold water but to be honest i tot we actually played better against spurs (which we lost). And this was a home game. Villa was poor and we should have dominated more and made it 4-0 or 5-0. I didn't tink it was something you would call "scintilating football". But anyway a win is a win lah so i am happy anyway.

Keep it up!!

Offspring
07-12-2010, 09:47 AM
Good win. Glad to see ngog and Ryan scoring. Maxi have also done well.

Who needs Scott Parker when we have Raul and Lucas. Lol.

Side track. Newcastle sacked chris. How stupid was it?!

sex crusader
07-12-2010, 09:56 AM
A good win indeed but i hope the boys and the manager won't get carried away as RH said he might not need to buy players come this Jan window. What a bow statement!He seriously think with the current squad he can achieve fourth place not thinking about injuries and other factors!:rolleyes:

rahl
07-12-2010, 10:22 AM
Good win. Glad to see ngog and Ryan scoring. Maxi have also done well.

Who needs Scott Parker when we have Raul and Lucas. Lol.

I hope Raul gets to keep his place when Stevie returns and is not shunted to the right again.

Offspring
07-12-2010, 11:20 AM
I hope Raul gets to keep his place when Stevie returns and is not shunted to the right again.

Raul should be in the middle with Lucas. Gerrard and Torres up front. Cole, well he has been poor and don't deserve the starting berth. Kyut and maxi should keep their place.

NZL97
07-12-2010, 05:58 PM
Raul should be in the middle with Lucas. Gerrard and Torres up front. Cole, well he has been poor and don't deserve the starting berth. Kyut and maxi should keep their place.

agreed that raul & lucas should keep their place in central midfield with gerrard upfront with torres for the newcastle game............:)

howevr, i am quite tempted to pair babel upfront with gerrard instead of torres as torres had looked jaded recently while babel look so much fresher & energized!!! also good to keep torres on his toe as he know he is too big a star to be drop by RH..............:rolleyes:

however, we all know that will not happen.........:rolleyes:........what u guys reckon?????

rahl
07-12-2010, 08:42 PM

Good call and fair enough about Cole.

howevr, i am quite tempted to pair babel upfront with gerrard instead of torres as torres had looked jaded recently while babel look so much fresher & energized!!! also good to keep torres on his toe as he know he is too big a star to be drop by RH..............:rolleyes:

To be fair bro, Torres has improved significantly in the last few games.

I only hope that Babel's performance last night is not a flash in the pan and he gets a chance to shine again, whether as starter (against Utrecht) or as sub in the league games.

NZL97
07-12-2010, 11:08 PM
Good call and fair enough about Cole.

To be fair bro, Torres has improved significantly in the last few games.

I only hope that Babel's performance last night is not a flash in the pan and he gets a chance to shine again, whether as starter (against Utrecht) or as sub in the league games.

other than the chelsea game, we havent really seen the best of torres compared to prev seasons...........especially the last game against spurs where he miss those clear cut chances...................dont know whether he is complacent (maybe heart not with us anymore) or really a loss of fitness and form (but we are already midway in the season), felt that babel & ngog really freshen up our attack in last nite game...........:)

anyway, hope we carry on this form for the next 5 games as the opponents are either bottom or middle of the table.............come on reds!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Milk Man
08-12-2010, 01:48 AM
agreed that raul & lucas should keep their place in central midfield with gerrard upfront with torres for the newcastle game..

what u guys reckon?????

I have observed that Liverpool does not perform well as a team whenever Gerrard is in it. It seems the other players were afraid to perform above their captain thus putting in below par performance. Whenever Liverpool wins it is usually by the Gerrard one-man show.

It was a different Liverpool during pre-season and the past few games when Gerrard is not in the team. Maybe we should sell Gerrard (just joking). :D

As for Raul, he is an excellent player whom I rate as better than Gerrard but as the chinese saying goes: " We cannot have 2 tigers in the same mountain."

My view is that Raul and Gerrard cannot play in the same team as they will cramp each other's style. If I am RH, I would alternate Raul & Gerrard thus keeping both of them fresh rather than playing both of them together. :p

niteowl
09-12-2010, 08:25 PM
French newspaper L’Equipe is reporting that Rennes hope to sell right back Rod Fanni to Liverpool in the next couple of days.

Speaking to the paper, Rennes General Manager Pierre Dreossi said: "A decision will be made within 48 hours."

Marseille are also said to be interested in Fanni after Cesar Azpilicueta was ruled out for the rest of the season but Rennes are reluctant to sell to one of their Ligue One rivals.

Also rumors in the January transfer market, Liverpool is raiding $15mil pounds for Ashley Young from Aston Villa and also Ronaldinho from AC Milan.

bochapsing
10-12-2010, 02:23 AM
Rennes hope to sell right back Rod Fanni to Liverpool in the next couple of days

Liverpool is raiding $15mil pounds for Ashley Young from Aston Villa and also Ronaldinho from AC Milan.

a 29 yr old right back??!!!
together with carragher-sotos-aurelio, is RH trying to put up the OLDEST back 4 in BPL??
throw in poulsen, gerrard, jovanovic, cole, kyut, maxi... think we might just able to beat chelsea n man utd to the title of oldest team..

btw, we already have johnson n kelly for the position, thou there's plenty of rumour abt johnson future too... just hope none is true..

wat we need is a LEFT back, not a RIGHT back.. why can't RH just admit tat konchesky is crap..!!?? if he is not going to waste $ on a LB, then i would like to see insua recalled from his loan...

and there's being rumour abt ronaldinho & ashley young... and i dunno from where, there's reports linking saurez to us...
but RH has just denied the ronaldinho n saurez interest, but remains open to young link...

btw, wat's u guys think abt the above rumours??

sex crusader
10-12-2010, 11:35 PM
wat we need is a LEFT back, not a RIGHT back.. why can't RH just admit tat konchesky is crap..!!?? if he is not going to waste $ on a LB, then i would like to see insua recalled from his loan...

b

Totally agreed that this botak is a crap buy! I also wonder why Insua was on loan, he was doing all right last season.The more i see RH, the more he looks like Mr. Bean!:D

bochapsing
11-12-2010, 12:37 PM
The more i see RH, the more he looks like Mr. Bean!

an Upsized Bean...!!!

Offspring
11-12-2010, 01:34 PM
My feelings is usually new managers first game will not lose. Let's hope I an wrong tonight.

niteowl
11-12-2010, 04:21 PM
My feelings is usually new managers first game will not lose. Let's hope I an wrong tonight.

Alan Pardew has taken charge of a team against the Reds on five occasions - losing all four with West Ham (including the 2006 FA Cup Final) while drawing 2-2 at Anfield as Charlton boss in May 2007.

So maybe Liverpool will not lose although the away form is not that good.

Lone_Wolf
11-12-2010, 06:42 PM
Alan Pardew has taken charge of a team against the Reds on five occasions - losing all four with West Ham (including the 2006 FA Cup Final) while drawing 2-2 at Anfield as Charlton boss in May 2007.

So maybe Liverpool will not lose although the away form is not that good.

Liverpool better not lose tonite...... how can they lose to a team whose players are demoralised * ...... and missing its 2 first choice centrebacks for tonite's game. :D

* My insider info says that Houghton was sacked because of his extremely close bonds with the players.....Mike Ashley was worried the ex-manager wields more power among the players and staff than his boardroom..... tat was why Houghton had to go. :(

beck7777
11-12-2010, 09:15 PM
Newcastle is pretty good at home!

But tonight will be a good chance for us to improve our away form..

Its quite obvious many players are upset about the sacking of Chris and morale is low, especially when the replacement is not welcome at all..
(Kinda sound like us)

niteowl
12-12-2010, 12:43 AM
Fernando Torres returns to the Liverpool starting XI for tonight's clash at Newcastle United

The Spain star is back in the line-up after he missed Monday's win over Aston Villa due to the birth of his son.

It means Roy Hodgson makes one change to his team, with Ryan Babel dropping down to the bench.

Liverpool: Reina, Johnson, Konchesky, Skrtel, Kyrgiakos, Meireles, Lucas, Kuyt, Maxi, Ngog, Torres. Subs: Jones, Kelly, Aurelio, Poulsen, Cole, Jovanovic, Babel.

rahl
12-12-2010, 02:35 AM
I must say I am pretty disappointed with Torres - who has done nothing except to look to make runs and flick the ball. Can he work hard for once for the team like Ngog at least???

It seems our two top players cannot play with the rest of the team...sigh.

beck7777
12-12-2010, 03:23 AM
an Upsized Bean...!!!

Please dont paste shit on Mr Bean..

Mr Bean made me laugh and happy..

Woy just make me feel like killing him..

Fuck Woy!

Offspring
12-12-2010, 03:25 AM
To win against pool is so easy. Just press hard.

Skrtle, skin head kon and torres need to be dropped. RH must go.

Fuxking useless team.

rahl
12-12-2010, 03:30 AM
I have not felt this angry about our team in recent weeks. We could have taken the lead with Torres but he never looked like he could be bothered today.

Once again we couldn't cope with a physical attack. Skrtel was totally outfoxed by their young sub - wtf!

And what did RH do? He brought on Milan with Cole on the bench. No changes for 85 mins - Babel only came on for the bloodied Ngog.

Fuck fuck fuck!!

see see only
12-12-2010, 03:32 AM
To win against pool is so easy. Just press hard.

Skrtle, skin head kon and torres need to be dropped. RH must go.

Fuxking useless team.

Thanks bro offspring ....

Speechless after watching the game .......... you speak exactly what i feel :o

Offspring
12-12-2010, 03:44 AM
I usually prefer to give a new manager a full season to make his mark. Buy seeing loss after loss after loss. Enough is enough.

He was clueless to make a change till ngog got that bad head cut. And he still looked lost. Ffs why dont he just go.

owen10
12-12-2010, 04:07 AM
all 3 goals conceded were a result of our defensive frailities again. 1st goal came fr a setpiece yet again. 2nd goal was comical defending. 3rd goal was brainless defending.

to concede 3 goals agt a mid table team like NC is disgraceful. a game which we could have salvaged a draw or even have won. :mad:

SG Obama
12-12-2010, 04:13 AM
i thought 2nd half began well when they started to initiate the attack from the left flank...after equalizer, midfield was totally missing...backheel/passing to nowhere,balloon kicks,0% concentration to handle counter attacks.......and the last goal by Ms Carol was totally unchallenged (even Reina was caught sleeping!)....the only consolation is i must say is i enjoy watching RH rubbing his face in disbelief....

owen10
12-12-2010, 04:23 AM
i thought 2nd half began well when they started to initiate the attack from the left flank...after equalizer, midfield was totally missing...backheel/passing to nowhere,balloon kicks,0% concentration to handle counter attacks.......and the last goal by Ms Carol was totally unchallenged (even Reina was caught sleeping!)....the only consolation is i must say is i enjoy watching RH rubbing his face in disbelief....

cant fully blame Reina. our defence was napping. no one closed Caroll down. he was allowed time n luxury to shoot. our defence was juz pathetic tonite. without a leader like Carra to lead n shout at the defence, they seemed like lost sheep.

no no
12-12-2010, 09:42 AM
I usually prefer to give a new manager a full season to make his mark. Buy seeing loss after loss after loss. Enough is enough.

He was clueless to make a change till ngog got that bad head cut. And he still looked lost. Ffs why dont he just go.

just dun noe why didn't he keep the same 11 who play against Villa
GO RH u are NOT going to bring us to the next level:mad:

no no
12-12-2010, 09:46 AM
I have not felt this angry about our team in recent weeks. We could have taken the lead with Torres but he never looked like he could be bothered today.

Once again we couldn't cope with a physical attack. Skrtel was totally outfoxed by their young sub - wtf!

And what did RH do? He brought on Milan with Cole on the bench. No changes for 85 mins - Babel only came on for the bloodied Ngog.

Fuck fuck fuck!!

yes Torres really dun be botherd at all wat F is going thru his mind?? shouldn't he be scoring a goal for his new born baby:cool:

GeMiNiZzzzZzz
12-12-2010, 01:21 PM
now finally all your patience with FT has ran out..i mentioned this before that his 1st season in Liverpool was a miracle & many defended him till now.

Lazy bummer needs to forget he is a so called superstar - only flashes of brillance hoping to get a goal the whole 90mins where the rest of his 10 team-mates ran like dogs.

3rd goal - as usual, Lucas was afraid that his face might get disfigured and backed off...the commentators was criticising again & again - the worst defensive error from a side like us..

I see a whole new facelife from us, but then again..our owners are not multi-billionaires ..

niteowl
12-12-2010, 02:29 PM
When RH was managing Fulham, also cannot win away games. Now the virus is stuck with Liverpool :mad:

I think anyone in SBF can be Liverpool coach in RH position. Simply cos in home games, Liverpool is like a fortress so can simply win against most of the teams and so RH can use less of his brain. But it's really disgusting when playing away and if Liverpool were to fall behind in goal, he simply frown and does not have any plan to counter the defecit. Just carry on with the game and hope miracle happens. Better wake up, RH :rolleyes:

Worst of all is strikers are not scoring goals and defenders are leaking in silly goals.

owen10
12-12-2010, 02:51 PM
yes Torres really dun be botherd at all wat F is going thru his mind?? shouldn't he be scoring a goal for his new born baby:cool:

somehow Torres lacked inspiration when SG's not playing. maybe not so much 'mo qi' with the other midfielders. he was able to perform so well for Spain cos of the service he gets. our midfield juz do nt feed enuff quality balls to him. when we did, he fluffed the chance. the most telling was when he dashed down the right into the penalty box n should have scored to put us 1-2.

now finally all your patience with FT has ran out..i mentioned this before that his 1st season in Liverpool was a miracle & many defended him till now.

Lazy bummer needs to forget he is a so called superstar - only flashes of brillance hoping to get a goal the whole 90mins where the rest of his 10 team-mates ran like dogs.

3rd goal - as usual, Lucas was afraid that his face might get disfigured and backed off...the commentators was criticising again & again - the worst defensive error from a side like us..

I see a whole new facelife from us, but then again..our owners are not multi-billionaires ..

i thought Pool played reasonably well before they conceded the 2 silly goals. 1st half, we woke up after conceding the early goal. 2nd half, we pushed n pushed til we get the equaliser. we were in the driving seat afterwhich, and NC were looking more like the ones who will concede. then came the string of misses n NC's 2nd goal. Hmmm ... thinking back, maybe it could also be attributed to Pardew's brillance to bring in that Rangers guy. caused a few problems for our ageing defence. Very quick n nearly scored when he came in.

GeMiNiZzzzZzz
12-12-2010, 03:12 PM
i thought Pool played reasonably well before they conceded the 2 silly goals... ..

I guess each of us see differently on the match, i feel we lack that bite throughout the whole game.

Indeed chances are required to create opprtunities to scoring, but not taking them, we can talk whole day whole year but it will not change the table standings..

We were outran outpace by the NC wingers, even tough we do not have JC, DA etc, the managers should always be the 1st person to hold up his hands for not motivating the players enough or stratigicaly smart.

I wonder what the movement will be in Jan (my 10th reservist :D)

Hope W.Henry will not find it a big mistake in taking over us ..so conclusion is, this ROY should go 1st & we can only move from there - as he is already clueless what is he going to do - (when you do not have a big head, you shouldnt manage a club like Liverpool)

rahl
12-12-2010, 04:12 PM
i thought Pool played reasonably well before they conceded the 2 silly goals.

I guess each of us see differently on the match, i feel we lack that bite throughout the whole game.

Both you guys are right; the whole night, we couldn't handle Carroll and Ranger (Skrtel had one of his worst games I can remember other than his first).

It's so painful to see that we can be so easily beaten these days.

Alkano
12-12-2010, 04:34 PM
RH Must Go !!!:mad:
Bloody useless

sex crusader
12-12-2010, 05:43 PM
Bring on King kenny! Get rid of those pest players and you know who.Haiz...champion leauge is so far away..:(

SCB2011
12-12-2010, 07:11 PM

Obviously you guys have never been a father before. With a newborn baby just days ago, it is very tiring for the father taking care of the baby as the mother is recovering from the birth and too weak to nurse the child. Probably FT has gone with only 3-5 hrs sleep per day. I understand they do not have the services of a confinement maid so FT & the wifey has to do everything themselves.

FT should not have played in yesterday's game as he was too exhausted to be bothered and hence the bochap attitude. :(

SCB2011
12-12-2010, 07:18 PM

Hope this new fellow can give him competition to keep him on his toes..... :D

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/media-watch/liverpool-make-initial-offer-for-suarez

SG Obama
12-12-2010, 08:00 PM
FT still have my full support....before he came, Beanpole man and shortie Garcias and Kuyt were useless strikers and liverpool was totally unexciting in the attack dept. SG hasnt been his best form since his toe surgery and that infamous court case....sigh...i actually wished Peter Lim (Man U fan!) had bought Liverpool instead of the Redsucks...maybe he would have enough spare cash to buy Fergie and his merry men over to manage Liverpool...

we need a physically sturdy breed striker to complement FT to draw away defenders and probably get someone who is great at long strikes in midfield like SG and Lampar...the botaks that RH has been importing cant handle EPL....sad

soundworks
12-12-2010, 10:04 PM
RH Must Go !!!:mad:
Bloody uselessYup,so far those players that he has brought in simple not gd enough......

bochapsing
12-12-2010, 10:46 PM
is tat any liverpool fan out there still believe tat RH is the man to lead us...??!!!

Liverpool Football Club are delighted to announce that Liverpool FC's Principal Owner John Henry and Chairman Thomas Werner will be taking your calls LIVE on LFC TV this Monday evening from 5pm.

hope the calls are not filtered so tat our fellow supporters in uk call in and let mr henry know how we feel abt our clueless manager......!!

rahl
12-12-2010, 10:58 PM
FT should not have played in yesterday's game as he was too exhausted to be bothered and hence the bochap attitude. :(

Don't get me wrong. Family matters and life does not stand still just because you have a ball to kick, I know that. If Torres comes out and say that's what's bothering him, fair enough.

The problem is what has been bothering him has been there throughout this season. Let's not make excuses for him, only he knows what is on his mind.

Xgenre
12-12-2010, 11:15 PM
Obviously you guys have never been a father before. With a newborn baby just days ago, it is very tiring for the father taking care of the baby as the mother is recovering from the birth and too weak to nurse the child. Probably FT has gone with only 3-5 hrs sleep per day. I understand they do not have the services of a confinement maid so FT & the wifey has to do everything themselves.

I understand what you are trying to say but I'm sure he isn't the only player who is a father. Others have had kids and have done well. Remember 1994's world cup where Bebeto celebrated the birth of his child with a baby swing celebration? A lot of my friends copied that for a while. I wonder if FT had scored, would he have a t shirt under his jersey with a photo of his kid? Something that he can lift up and show the world...

I thought having a kid can bring a lift to his game.

lovetobonk
13-12-2010, 02:26 AM
I understand what you are trying to say but I'm sure he isn't the only player who is a father. Others have had kids and have done well. Remember 1994's world cup where Bebeto celebrated the birth of his child with a baby swing celebration? A lot of my friends copied that for a while. I wonder if FT had scored, would he have a t shirt under his jersey with a photo of his kid? Something that he can lift up and show the world...

who can forget when Luis Garcia's celebration when he scores. :)

hawksbay
13-12-2010, 03:00 AM

his heart is not with the reds any more,u can see it in is body lingo,i m not surprised at all ,GJ wants to go in jan,in saying that u can t just paly the long balls into space n ask him to chase all the time,we have no ideas when we go forward n our defending against NC haiz was hopeless.

no no
13-12-2010, 08:46 AM
is tat any liverpool fan out there still believe tat RH is the man to lead us...??!!!

Liverpool Football Club are delighted to announce that Liverpool FC's Principal Owner John Henry and Chairman Thomas Werner will be taking your calls LIVE on LFC TV this Monday evening from 5pm.

hope the calls are not filtered so tat our fellow supporters in uk call in and let mr henry know how we feel abt our clueless manager......!!

not a fan of RH

NZL97
13-12-2010, 11:27 AM
i think torres heart is not with us anymore........how can he continue to miss easy clear cut chances week after week??????? imho whole season he only played well against chelsea and that's only for the first half...........:mad:

if some other idiotic team comes in wif a 50 million pound bid for torres, suggest we let him go and get ourselves a new and motivated strikeforce................:rolleyes:

initially i thought we can easily roll over newcastle defence in campbell & taylor but never thought our defence is the one kena roll over by their young strikers in ranger & carroll................:mad:

really hope the new year brings new changes and hope if not how long more must we endure this kind of agony??????

beck7777
13-12-2010, 05:32 PM

I have been active in the UK Liverpool forum and its such a messy place!

All wanted the blood of RH yet there are those who act like RH guardian angel! :eek:

Everyday theres a thread about who should be kick out, players included etc..

Wonder what they will say to the new owners.. :rolleyes:

bochapsing
13-12-2010, 06:37 PM
his heart is not with the reds any more,u can see it in is body lingo,i m not surprised at all ,GJ wants to go in jan,in saying that u can t just paly the long balls into space n ask him to chase all the time,we have no ideas when we go forward n our defending against NC haiz was hopeless.

i think no tat his heart not with us, but he was not impressed by the manager he is playing under...
we need a charismatic manager whom players respect and look up to and be motivated by... of cos tactically must not as clueless as RH...

i can't see players like torres, johnson, riena, agger, maxi and young players like pacheco, ayala, mavinga staying with us if RH stays as our manager...
and players like saurez or ronaldino will never sign for us, anyway RH will never appreciate such players...

Xgenre
14-12-2010, 12:16 AM
i think no tat his heart not with us, but he was not impressed by the manager he is playing under...
we need a charismatic manager whom players respect and look up to and be motivated by... of cos tactically must not as clueless as RH...

You've made a very valid point. Some of the comments RH make borders on bewildering.

I wonder if we should sign Tevez. World class, tries hard, proven BPL pedigree and most importantly available. It's hard to find world class players that are available in the January market.

rahl
14-12-2010, 12:25 AM
I have been active in the UK Liverpool forum and its such a messy place!

I haven't gone to YNWA forum for a long time - too many posts and threads!

Can you summarise what the arguments are for supporting RH? Players letting him down; needing time; lack of money under the Yanks??

Thanks. ;)

beck7777
14-12-2010, 03:52 AM
I haven't gone to YNWA forum for a long time - too many posts and threads!

Can you summarise what the arguments are for supporting RH? Players letting him down; needing time; lack of money under the Yanks??

Thanks. ;)

RH supporters feel he should be given time and be judged instead at the end of the season.. And most of these are anti-Rafa..

Saying that, there are alot of fans who still wish Rafa was around..

Most are hate thread on Roy though, wanting he out..

Come to think of it, its like our school holidays here, alot of "kids" giving kiddy comments..

Anyway I current banned for a week there cos I fxxk Roy too much! :p

tuyet
14-12-2010, 03:36 PM
and supposingly the Boss is "angry".....

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/i-m-angry-but-we-ll-improve

summarised extracts:
"don't think the level of performance was what I was expecting from the 1st min to the 90th min...."

"there is an element of confidence...but I don't think we have been physically and mentally strong enuff away from home.."

"we have got to work hard on training ground..even after a long meeting blah blah, a long post-match analysis blah blah....on the field they worked extremely and I think that's what will get us through...."

pls lah RH, save the fanciful words to urself, what we want is results!! :mad:

Offspring
14-12-2010, 03:56 PM
Funny how it seems now. Managers that should be sacked are not being sacked. Two managers that have produced results for a mid table club is surprisingly being sacked.

You all know the 2 that made the news. Both comes as a shock to me.

A few managers that should be sacked right now? RH and AG.

hawksbay
15-12-2010, 12:28 AM
RH supporters feel he should be given time and be judged instead at the end of the season.. And most of these are anti-Rafa..

Saying that, there are alot of fans who still wish Rafa was around..

Most are hate thread on Roy though, wanting he out..

Come to think of it, its like our school holidays here, alot of "kids" giving kiddy comments..

Anyway I current banned for a week there cos I fxxk Roy too much! :p

you r banned lol lol,anyway u r rite i m one of the fans who wish rafa was still ard,waiting tiil the end of the season might be too late.RH style play does not suit pool,come on everyone knew that NC wld play those high balls to (like one samsmster mentioned) miss carrol,ok skertl got outmuscled but the defence shd have been ready 4 the 2nd balls.and wtf wat his goalkeeper coach in his 60s gonna teach pepe reina.u can t blame the players frm questioning the manager s ability or the fans.we shd bring rafa back he s still got support at anfield or martin jol who left ajax recently unless blackburn snap him up first.

The Milk Man
15-12-2010, 12:35 AM
you r banned lol lol,anyway u r rite i m one of the fans who wish rafa was still ard,waiting tiil the end of the season might be too late.RH style play does not suit pool,come on everyone knew that NC wld play those high balls to (like one samsmster mentioned) miss carrol,ok skertl got outmuscled but the defence shd have been ready 4 the 2nd balls.and wtf wat his goalkeeper coach in his 60s gonna teach pepe reina.u can t blame the players frm questioning the manager s ability or the fans.we shd bring rafa back he s still got support at anfield or martin jol who left ajax recently unless blackburn snap him up first.

I heard Liverpool's new owners have got Carlos Ancellotti lined up in their sights :rolleyes:

beck7777
15-12-2010, 10:32 AM

I got banned cos I kept calling Roy "woy" despite many warnings.. :D

I miss Rafa around too!